Goggly eyes stuck on fish to make them look fresher

I don’t think this could really work could it?

Nuts!

But also amusing.

3 Likes

can this be real?

3 Likes

Yeah I basically reckon even if it’s complete bollocks the picture of the fish with the goggly eye on is worth the price of entry alone, eh? :smiley:

When I was young they ysed to sell whole fish in polystyrene trays, wrapped in clingfilm. Used to enjoy poking their eyes out.

@Owensmaterob to thread

1 Like

I ALREADY KNEW ABOUT THIS STORY SO PLEASE STOP ENJOYING IT

5 Likes

SAME BUT PLEASE CARRY ON ENJOYING IT BUT WITH THE KNOWLEDGE THAT I ALREADY KNEW ABOUT IT

1 Like

There’s a shop in Amsterdam which has fossils and skeletons and all sorts of cool old shit in the window; one of the things they have is a preserved pufferfish which they’ve inexplicably stuck googly eyes on.
fish

@elthamsmateowen and I discovered it and now I feel the need to send him a little video whenever I walk past it.

4 Likes
  • Googly (correct)
  • Goggly (idiot theohead)

0 voters

What a load of carp. Total pollocks!

Is this another Brexit thread

Googly is a shit term people coined after Google existed.

You are having a laugh aren’t you? The etymology comes from cricket predating in 1900s, obviously.

I understand why you’ve eggcorned eyes and goggles, but it is definitely googly eyes because of how they wobble/ behave.

2 Likes

I’ve only ever known then as goggly eyes. I put googly down to the same thing that makes people pronounce golem as gollum.

Well you are very wrong.

1 Like

This is the most shameless bit of shoehorning star wars into a conversation I’ve ever seen

2 Likes