Good albums with no good songs

I don’t think I agree with you there. 7/8 songs are very, very good, and Feral works well in context. Give Up The Ghost would make my single disc best-of Radiohead collection.

1 Like

Brian Eno - Music for people who don’t like songs

Not a bad shout. I might go for Hejira, though.

True story from my weekend:

As we were pulling in to Dover on the coach (early morning - dawn), and everyone else on the coach was asleep, I was half asleep and listening to Brian Eno - 1/1 from Ambient 1/Music For Airports. It was one of the most beautiful moments I can remember. Just a perfect state of tranquility.

4 Likes

That is a proper choon.

I will accept instrumental albums as long as they are instrumental albums with no good songs on. I think an album “where the power of the piece is in listening to the whole thing and its mood” is a pretty good definition of what I’m after tbh

Where do you stand on symphonies? The Rites of Spring, and what have you?

Listened to as a whole, they might be thought of as albums. But they’re comprised of movements rather than songs.

If none of the movements are individually any good, but added together make a wonderful whole, then fair enough.

how do we feel about plainsong? technically it has song in the name, but…

Not as good as Fugazi but they still wrote songs m8

1 Like

more like noise rock operas

Some John Cage compilation or something

Dawn of Midi - Dysnomia

1 Like

Well Dungeoneering off Harmony In Ultraviolet is an absolute tune, as is The Work of Art in The Age of Cultural Overproduction off Haunt Me. He has become a bit less “pop”. But yes.

1 Like

love the idea of tim hecker being pop XD

2 Likes

Except all of the songs on Hejira are fantastic

William Basinki - The Disintegration Loops

pc’tbe

I have literally no idea what this means. Is it Klingon?

Post Can 't Be Empty