Good evening, Wednesdayers

Though they’d have been right up your alley tbf

2 Likes

making some food. looking forward to it. having a beer. very much enjoying it. listening to agnes obel. she’s great.

2 Likes

yo yo yo

Has anyone here had norovirus before? How quickly does it get passed from person to person in a house?

My bf has been ill since Monday evening (not covid) so I’m praying he just ate a dodgy prawn.

That’s when I reach for my revolver is an all timer tune

3 Likes

i’ve had norovirus a couple of times. unfortunately i couldn’t tell you how long it took to pick up from someone else as i have no idea where i got it from.
i’d imagine though that if he’s been ill by now and you ain’t picked anything up then you probably won’t at this stage. sounds like it could be food poisoning.
god speed meow and meows bf.

Not a bad day really, then hit up M&S for a load of Halloween snacks and general treats. Making dinner now (pork steaks marinated in Worcester sauce and garlic, oven-cooked garlic butter new potatoes and peas). Might have a beer.

6 Likes

Evening.

Had M&S vegan kievs, chippy chips and mushy peas.

Now/next - no idea. Properly fuzzy head today.

2 Likes

Hello hello

Going to eat a pie for dinner and watch the Band documentary if it’s still on iplayer

Feeling in a bit of a rut, likely a reluctance to accept the season change / prospect of 6 grey and dark months :sweat:

think it might be cancelled mate

west end’s flooded

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking! But also we’ve eaten all the same stuff since Sunday morning :thinking:
So very confusing! Thanks though.

How long you got left in isolation?

1 Like

Myopia is great.

I’ve still not checked out any of her other stuff. I really must.

1 Like

When my old housemate got it, I had it about 24 hours afterwards

1 Like

get out on saturday…i think. :thinking:
not long to go and as i said earlier i should just be thankful that i’ve felt pretty much fine throughout bar losing my sense of smell for a bit.

2 Likes

It’s lovely to see you!

I’m sorry you’re bf is sick and hope you don’t get it too.

Turns out norovirus transmission is pretty gross:

https://www.cdc.gov/norovirus/about/transmission.html

Friend of mine got norovirus from her toddler a couple months back and said it was worse than childbirth.

1 Like

‘Academy Fight Song’ (one of @dots 's all-time jams) is another good one

mint that their sound guy was such an integral part of the band

1 Like

Hey hey!

I’m on a train home from London, later than we anticipated, so cutting it fine to meet my mate before going to see Squarepusher later. So obviously they’ve just announced that the train will be terminating at Haywards Heath.

I didn’t want any dinner anyway.

Here’s some DiS based “where to go in London” content

7 Likes

Me a couple of years ago. Lasted about 2 weeks pretty intensely and then about 2 more where my insides didn’t feel right but I was able to get out of bed.

It didn’t get passed on to the two others in my house, but I was apart from them for most of it due to being in bed all the time

2 Likes

^what @rich-t said

The first song on the album is a real favourite of mine but you can’t beat Reach For My Revolver.

I even guiltily like the Moby version.

need to make myself do some core exercises and make some proper food, rather than just wasting away in the dark on my phone

did go and play basketball, even tho I’m exhausted from intense footy and bball sessions on seven of the last nine days, but I want to do something else productive

1 Like