Good Famous People

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you’re saying I can’t help but think if everyone got paid the same it would lead to a lot of people not wanting to put the effort into becoming Doctors, Lawyers etc as they know they could get any job for a lot less effort. Not that I think Doctors and Lawyers get into their profession solely for the money.

Some people have a caring, giving nature and want to help people. Same with police officers, prison officers, paramedics etc.

Duh!

Fair enough. Train travel is a necessity for tons of folk who work in cities but can’t afford to live there. Of course in a better society affordable housing that meets the needs of people/ their families wouldn’t be an issue and you really have a point with that.

I suspect you also get a bit of pushback because let’s be honest, you make a lot of people (hi) reflect on their relative good fortune and feel uncomfortable because lots of what you say is either right or rooted in some kind of truth.

I think it’s the fact you’re blinkered and can only see the situation through your unique (you say weird, I say unique) frame of reference, that means you come across as extremely lacking in empathy for lots of situations that, by your own admission, you know nothing about (and show no desire to try to understand, instead just shutting people down because they are “rich “ and by definition terrible).
That’s my best (subjective) explanation as to why your threads go this way Bam. I won’t ever mute your threads as I learn lots from you even if I don’t agree with you. I really value what you have to say even if it rips my knitting sometimes (often). :rofl:

9 Likes

Falco
Holly Bleesdale
Laura Piddock

1 Like

Sad face

3 Likes

I think if I was smarter or more articulate i would be able to to put across my points with more empathy and nuance. That’s a failing on my part.

Nah, it’s totally fair. Nurses get paid sweet fa for the work they do compared with my guys here.

2 Likes

Yep, I’m not on big money but it’s not right that I earn more than a nurse or a trainee/student doctor. Ridiculous hours, things they have to see and deal with for not very much money.

1 Like

I know you can’t be rich once you’re dead but I’m assuming the best selling Austrian artist of all time was probably a little bit rich.

2 Likes

Falco from FotL I assume

4 Likes

Ah! They’re a bit of a DIS blindspot for me. And where I live there was a musical playing about the other Falco last year, so the relative fame threw me.

2 Likes

Martin Clunes

3 Likes

oh ffs

1 Like

:grin:

4 Likes

Charlie Brooker seems like a good 'un. I remember listening to a podcast where he phoned the presenter and talked about computer games and his career to date for about an hour. Hope his recent success hasn’t changed him

:thinking:

Even if you think doctors deserve to be paid more than everyone else surely the idea that anyone could afford, for example, a second house while others struggle to make ends meet is obscene

6 Likes

Feel a bit sad your comment went from great dad joking to the realisation you are one who cannot recognise the greatness of FotL/mclusky :cry: