➕ Good hot cross bun day ➕

what the drum machine you use, sounds pristine? Did @McGarnagle master this? Its wicked fucking good so far.

1 Like

Rdg could capture all angles too, Oxford, Bristol and those in between, hampshire, London…

ah I have some good like sampled drums that i program with, called like bigfuckingdrums or something. cost a few hundred but the drums sound good so it was worth it :slight_smile:

and yeah he did a great job with the mastering!

2 Likes

Been wanting to get to a few RDG pubs for a while. May have a spare Friday eve in May…

1 Like

“ice cream, chocolate cake” set the table!

1 Like

that was a real silly one but I had fun with it

1 Like

Getting a little post punk on occupational embarrassment

1 Like

Posted an extremely stupid Facebook post about Worthing fans calling Tonbridge fans northerners and it proper kicked off after my phone ran out of battery. A full-on Leaver going into a Brexit spiral (nothing to do with the status at all), another older dude getting his panties in a twist about me responding exclusively through the medium of ‘react’ emojis, loads of butty chat. might delete Facebook

hate facebook, so glad I’ve been social media free for 7 years.

Dis doesn’t count of course cos you are all really cool

The social board is the most social of all the medias

8 Likes

it’s where the only real people are

bam this disc has summer vibes all over it. Great lyrics, great aesthetic really enjoying it.

thanks man, I was worried I couldn’t write music anymore since I hadn’t picked up my guitar for about 6 months but glad it turned out well!

This is massively my fault for deciding the shitpost was worth it. But I do regularly look forward to the day I leave the Countdown community so I can delete 50+ pointless people.

1 Like

I done the mastering, yeah! It’s pretty easy when presented with an already ace mix though :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m a bot

3 Likes

Bam, I’m earmarking your album for listening to tomorrow! I wasn’t expecting it out so soon, you’ve done a Radiohead on us.

Albums I have listened to today, while the subject is on albums and I’m putting off this writing project again:

Wiktor Stribog - Poradnik Uśmiechu OST
Read about it on one of the Bandcamp blogs - Poradnik Uśmiechu OST | Wiktor Stribog. It’s the kind of hauntology I like – with the emphasis on the spooky degradation and all that (rewatching Petscop reminded me of it). It’s the soundtrack to some Polish webseries that, from what I’ve read, sounds like a sort of Kentucky Route Zero meets Tim & Eric sort of thing.

High Places - s/t and early ep comp
I always associate High Places with sunny days like today and walking about outside. They were one of my favourite bands while they were going, and a big influence on my own music (I did a new track recently which I realised today is a bit HP-influenced in some respects - Stream Mark My Words, I Will Rebuild These Streets With Ordinary Household Materials by Mute Branches | Listen online for free on SoundCloud)

Currently got on Campfire Headphase, which I think I still like more with every listen. I kind of had it as a bit of an outlier in the BoC catalogue for a while cause it struck me as more kinda straightforward / easygoing than the others, but there is still that real sense of mystery / identity to it. Boards are the best, when the mood is right for 'em

2 Likes

ah I just got tired of waiting in case everybody hated it so just put it out after a couple of ciders haha

Let me have a look, were notoriously booked up forever, but would love to sort out a meat.

1 Like

‘My Greatest Moments’ just went on the playlist

2 Likes