Good 'I am hangover and sleep deprived at work' albums?

There must be some classics.

This is all theoretical of course!

Wild Light by 65dos

3 Likes

Or days by real estate for something more mellow.

Something light and folky?

Bit of Bonnie Prince Billy or James Yorkston perhaps

1 Like

when you are so hungover that you actually become the hangover

I’m currently living through this scenario and this morning I am trying:-
Bill Callahan
Sufjan
Big Thief
Sigur Ros

Hoping at least one of those will provide some relief…

maybe some nice jazz, give some Ornette Coleman a go. Graceland by Paul Simon is surprisingly good hangover material. Maybe some of the early/more melodic Autechre albums too

love everyone you’ve listed but productivity would go down a lot if I was sleep deprived and started listening to that lot

albums:

BPB: Master and Everyone (I See a Darkness is better but too much existential dread for a hangover)

JY: Just Beyond the River (his best album by a mile and I won’t hear any different)

1 Like

Oh man, I need something much less mellow in these situations. Usually something a bit more electronic and dance-ish like Daphni, Todd Terje or Sophie.

I agree you need something rhythmic that will keep you up. But Sophie would kill me right now

Ended up listening to ‘One Fine Morning’ four times in a row while staring blankly at my laptop. Think it’s done the trick tbh.

Yeah, I’m maybe just thinking Immaterial on repeat tbf

Salad Days by Mac Demarco is a proper hungover hazy summer album for me. We went through a big phase of listening to Lost In The Dream by The War On Drugs as well around about the same time.

J Dilla - Donuts

This is like a kind of medicine

2 Likes

According to last.fm it’s my most played album, so that’s a lot of hangovers!

Nick Drake; Pink Moon.

3 Likes

I find Further by Flying Saucer Attack to fit this bill sometimes.

Be Here Now works as a hangover record imo, something to do with the music being as rotten as you feel

You Are Free - Cat Power
S/T - Velvet Underground (skipping Murder Mystery)
Veedon Fleece - Van Morrison
On The Beach - Neil Young

Actually, this is just list some of your favourite albums time again isn’t it? All good for a hangover though.