Good Journalists

Lots of bad ones out there, we talk about them loads on here. Who are the good ones though iyo?

Please don’t say Adrian Chiles :pray:

2 Likes

None of them

1 Like

Gary Younge.

14 Likes

James Montague.

Andrew Marr’s a great political writer, imho.

Lot of time for Aditya Chakrabortty

9 Likes

Sally Hayden’s really good at writing about migration
https://www.removepaywall.com/https:/www.irishtimes.com/world/africa/2023/10/25/all-deaths-are-hard-but-dying-at-sea-is-the-worst

1 Like

Vincent Bevins

5 Likes

Nesrine Malik

2 Likes

Krishnan Guru-Murthy, more-or-less entirely on the basis that he called Steve Baker a cunt

7 Likes

Hamilton Nolan

Victoria Derbyshire and Jeremy Bowen from the BBC. Only really became aware of VD more recently but the difference between her interviews and say, Kuenssberg’s is quite striking.

1 Like

bow down all hail GIF by The Academy Awards

2 Likes

feels a bit off to say this when there are people in Gaza putting their lives at risk to report what’s happening

1 Like

Fair enough but I didn’t read it that way because of Adrian Chiles. I read it as the self serving commentator types like Peter Hitchens etc. that sit in their think bubbles with a quill waiting for there next great proclamation to fall out of the sky

Hello I’m a journalist and I know lots of good journalists, mainly trade/local press, people who are good at their jobs and no one outside of their sector/region is ever likely to hear about. Not going to give any examples because no one will have heard of them, but there are loads of decent ones out there.

10 Likes

he’s turned things around since that excruciating Robert Downey interview

This sounds like your first girlfriend but you wouldn’t know her cos she goes to another school.

Just kidding BC :wink:

2 Likes

journalism must have the biggest span between very noble people to the most dishonourable people of any profession, sadly heavily skewed towards the later

Yeah, I realised that when I wrote it, couldn’t be arsed changing it though, classic journalism

2 Likes