Good luck to all the DiS community members starting their GCSEs today!

Yeah, I’ve got no qualms with the grade tbh, I literally did nothing in two years worth of lessons until the last one where I had to do something. Frankly miraculous that I ended up with an ‘E’, must have fucking nailed the exam.

I have a ‘D’ in the very same Ant which is surpising considering I spent most of the lessons lolling over the name bastard file.

2 Likes

Very abstract.

3 Likes

My daughter has her 1st exam tomorrow

She is not currently aware of this forum’s existence - but I will pass on the general DIS good wishes anyway

(I won’t)

1 Like

I handed a poorly glued-together wooden box in for Design Technology

1 Like

A* in Resistant Materials :sunglasses:

I made a trebuchet using CAD/CAM. Spent hours sat outside with a couple of mates in my class ‘testing’ it by firing polos.

1 Like

Ah, so you’re one of those guys, I get it…

2 Likes

7 O-Levels mate
Exams were exams then

1 Like

Fuck off, gramps.

Ooft! Big fan of Medieval weapons in schools.

#NERD!

:nerd: You’ve met me several times. Are you honestly surprised?

Bleeding kids
With your “Ay-stars”
Don’t know you’re born

1 Like

I always look forward to getting a D

Oh I get ya :wink:

‘D’ as in ‘Delicious ice cream’ right? :wink:

1 Like

This isn’t a game of when the fuck did you last design a box box

2 Likes

*game a game of

Massively failed my GCSE RE because you had to debate whether you agreed or disagreed with the statement “Funerals are for the living, not the dead”
and i was just like THATS BULLSHIT, THERE’D BE NO FUNERAL WITH A DEAD PERSON

then a few days later I was like oh…

3 Likes

I massively failed RE because I got the exam, looked at the essay question about Quakers or something and I was like “What? Did we ever look at anything like this?”

Everyone else beavering away suggested that we obviously had.

Had one of those awful moments in an AS Level History exam once, got in, looked at the paper to realise I knew literally fuck all about the Russian revolution despite “learning” about it for a year, flipped through the booklet to see if there was anything else that other schools had been doing that I knew about, there wasn’t. Wrote about half a side on a King that it turned out never existed and then sat out the remaining two hours and forty five minutes in deathly silence.

A for my coursework, E overall :thumbsup: