Good names

I think my mates dad had those flicks in his secret stash

4 Likes

Back in the days of being a football referee, there was a player at Portsmouth Royal Navy who played in the Wessex League (four tiers below the conference) called Michael Mouse. Apparently I was the only match official who cautioned him without making a big song and dance about it. He bought me a pint after a later match and told me so.

1 Like

I used to work for an company whose head offices were in the US and they some good names; Victoria Slappey-Pitts and Pat Myhand were two favourites.

There is someone where I currently work called Lazlo Bollok (never met him, just seen his name on an email, just as well as I’m not sure I could keep a straight face when he was introduced!)

10 Likes

Casimir Funk, discoverer of vitamins!

3 Likes

Dutch Sheets

1 Like

20 Likes

Sierra’s overlooked game series

1 Like

Spotted this earlier. Think a name as good as ‘Mike Flux’ is pretty wasted on a tomato-grower

6 Likes

How many jokes do you think he’s had about having the capacity to grow more?

4 Likes

Tony Scaramucci

1 Like

Saw this the other day, but hesitated to post it because it’s clearly a hastily-made-up name like Jareth Cutestory or Vincent Adultman:

1 Like

14 Likes

In Bamburgh Castle earlier this week there was a tapestry by a lady called Nora Balls. There was a sizeable group of grown ups standing around giggling at it.

5 Likes

I worked in Minnesota and tried to watch a baseball game. Was delighted to see Boof Bonser take to the pitch. Just looked it up and it says he was born ‘John Paul’ so now gutted it seems to be a nickname. :frowning:

I love this. It’s like when Brits get inspirational Chinese/Japanese tattoos that should read ‘adversity is my strength’ and actually say ‘2 for 1 on deep fried pork balls’

1 Like

Marmaduke Hussey - doesn’t get any better than that

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheAdamBWells/status/1017854347009552384

Velvet Milkman!

17 Likes

My mate was at a conference with this guy Bean Beanland - ReEnergise

4 Likes