Good news thread

Hello! Having a bit of a slump the last few days mood-wise so tell me some good things you’ve got going on at the moment please.

1 Like

Going to see my son’s ‘band’ perform Ghostbusters in two weeks.

Not really news.

10 Likes

That’s exactly the kind of thing I was after tbh.

Are they gona walk on stage like the real Ghostbusters closing credits?

Short-term: having a nice cup of coffee at the moment

Longer-term: my daughter tells me her mock GCSEs are going OK and she’s much less anxious about them

2 Likes

I have no idea as if I didn’t see £35 leave my account every month I would forget he was doing it as he never tells me. And I got the invite to the gig too I suppose.

There’s a Vietnamese street food place opening up a few doors away from my flat

5 Likes

Oh yeah, Lidl opening near my work!

I worked in Lidl for my first job. I did not enjoy it.

I’m sorry to hear that.

I worked in a Total petrol station. It was OK.

going to play a really fun board game on Friday!

The sun is shining!

Labour are going to win the general election!

Not got into an argument with anyone on DiS for a while!

3 Likes

I got a sonic electric toothbrush and it’s fab and tells me when to move position.

I just bought a v60 dripper (and blame @plasticniki as she reminded me about them).

My dad just sent me a lovely picture of a rainbow.

8 Likes

Our tap water has been classed as drinkable again!! For now.

helped a wasp to get outside into the fresh air earlier

1 Like

can you tell us a bit more about the chair please

looks very relaxing

1 Like

Been having a genuine panic about how busy my schedule is going to be over the next four months - basically not at home at all an an insane amount of travel and work. Went to see my boss today and explained this and without hesitation she pulled me off one of the projects to lighten the load with zero guilt tripping. I’m still going to be mega busy until Christmas but at least I know there’s a bit of respite. It’s nice to have an understanding boss :+1:

4 Likes

A sideways picture paints about 10 :wink:

Getting hyped for my upcoming Twilight Sad gig as the last two albums are much better than I expected.

Still loving my new delay pedal.

New season of Mr Robot is being massive fun.

I can buy new socks soon as I’m running low, and getting some fun patterns and designs always cheers me up. Happy socks! (the brand and the concept)

1 Like