Good Thursday thread

the superior tebay

3 Likes

Fuck, 31 minutes. So close.

Will be visiting Tebay (southbound) on Monday to decide once and for all. Good bubble and squeak here though

Warm huddle sounds nice, makes it sound like we’re penguins

4 Likes

Exactly! Or a mosh pit about to erupt…

2 Likes

did you see the ducks?

Exciting!

A LOT of gilets here, mind

Yep. Sat right next to some very good duck fellas

2 Likes

What have you done Tubbs? This is a Local site for Local people. We’ll have no trouble here!!!

Good morning, DiS.
Had a dream about it, so decided I’ll be making sausage surprise for dinner

That’s about it, for now

1 Like

Just had another scammer phone call claiming to be from Sky. They asked what colour the light was on my router. I said I didn’t have one. They said I was a liar. I said they were a liar, a conman and didn’t work for Sky and they hung up on me. Nice. :smiley:

10 Likes

Building up the enthusiasm to pack the car and go camping for 5 days. It’s been raining for the last 24 hours which is filling out excitement.

But we do get to see a bunch of people we haven’t seen since lockdown.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ahhh camping is great, even if it is raining!
Have a nice time (hope the weather does improve though)!

1 Like

An interesting Thursday read… Th-read?

3 Likes
Venting

School drop off went bad. R’s dad insisted on coming as he was too lazy to have got up for yesterday and missed that. Almost straight off the bat he gives R a kinder egg which I say to him he has to save for after school (don’t think I was out of line here, breakfast chocolate isn’t going to be good in any way, he’d get so messy and I didn’t have tissues, and he’d get upset anyway when I had to tell him he can’t take the toy in to school), obviously R is really upset that at that after I worked so hard to keep him calm and happy all morning. His dad picks him up and carries him to school, keeps going to go in the wrong direction and then R gets more upset for some reason when I say that is the wrong way. I asked him not to carry R because really we need to calm him down and get him to want to go to school, because otherwise you get what did happen of him getting really upset when we got in the school gates and he’s crying wanting to go home. His das really isn’t helping matters in any way and I ask if he can say goodbye and go, his response is to call me a cunt, various other aggressive abuse, and tell me to fuck off before he finally leaves. School people were really lovely and helped so much, especially the SENCO who’s going to call me in a bit. Was so horrible seeing R that upset about going to school and I couldn’t really calm him down for more than just moments :cry:
Really looking forward to all the abusive messages his dad is going to send me later. How he doesn’t show up at school pickup,

1 Like

Had a shit night, kiddo was awake from 1.15 to 4. wife has gone in for her penultimate day at work before maternity leave, FiL is baby sitting kiddo and I’m off to work in an hour. Need a shower and another cuppa first

Oh mate, this sounds so horrible. For both you and R. Good that the SENCO is going to phone though. They’re GBOL. Hope you’re ok after that FL :hugs:

9 Likes

Knew you had this in you. :muscle: great job. #SoProud

1 Like

Did they laugh for the entire 30 minutes?