Concubine → fault and fracture

3 Likes

Niche, but I like it

2 Likes

Needle and the damage done > Words

4 Likes

Oh yes

1 Like

PUP has my favourite, If This Tour Doesn’t Kill You, I will → DVP. It excites me every time I hear it, I 99% of the time don’t even listen to the rest of the album because I want that one-two punch of energy those songs give me. Someone put them together on Youtube.

Also, The Alien into The Sunshine on A Black Mile to the Surface by Manchester Orchestra, that one gets me every time too. There are a few transitions on that album if I remember, but that one is great.

1 Like

An Introduction to the Album into The Scope of all this Rebuilding is the obvious one for me.

2 Likes

Live they have done Bartender into John Lennon and its so slick

1 Like

Theyre back!

2 Likes

Tribulations/Movement - LCD Soundsystem
Perhaps Vampire Is A Bit Strong But…/Dancing Shoes - Arctic Monkeys (it was at least interesting 12 years ago)
Power Out/Rebellion (Lies) - Arcade Fire

Are the ones at least live that spring to mind.

1 Like

I love how the noise at the end of Fight Test turns into those synths that hang there until that sad bass line of One More Robot kicks in.

3 Likes

Oceansize “Commemorative 9/11 t-shirt” into “Unfamiliar” on Frames

2 Likes

Prefab Sprout - From Langley Park to Memphis

The King of Rock and Roll in into Cars and Girls - super short gap, I’ve always loved how well they flow into each other

2 Likes

The transition from Phoenix in Flames to Thaw is also brutal. That final scream of Phoenix, followed by the disorienting drum rolls of Thaw, and then that brutal fill, and the song utterly destroys you.

Thoroughly agree on Colours. My favourite bit is the way Sun of Nothing leads into Ants of the Sky. Utter prog metal heaven.

Off the top of my head:

Home Of The Brave → The Individual (Spiritualized)
Born Never Asked → Electric Mainline (Spiritualized)
Cold Patootie Tango → Caprice (The Wildhearts)
Daftendireckt → the entire album (Daft Punk)

1 Like

Kind of in the spirit of this one, the transition (or maybe lack of transition) between Night-Blooming Cereus and Male Plague on Protomartyr’s Relatives in Descent. With even an extra half second it wouldn’t work, but as is it’s perfect and one of the highlights of the album. It really makes that flood of distortion extra-powerful.

1 Like

Whole first half of that album is great for this… my personal fave is Fox Cub into Apocalypso via gradually accelerating drums.

Also, Joanna Newsom - ‘The Things I Say’ into ‘Divers’

YES! This! Was so pleased that the one time I saw them live, they performed both songs as per the album. A proper fist-pump moment!

1 Like