Good UK/European festival line ups 2018

looking through the line up… saw godspeed :confused:

I’ve gone all in for this All Points East festival in Victoria Park (plus the standalone concert by The National the weekend after), pretty much to stop me from feeling too blue about missing Primavera when the line-up is announced.

If the site layout and the sound are half decent it could be awesome - the lineup is strong. I’d be pretty happy with what they’ve announced as a Primavera upper-card, which is a pretty good indicator of what I think of a festival, and presumably more acts to be announced.

It is a London festival, however, so am half-expecting it to be a complete waste of my time and money :grimacing:

yeah cba with godspeed at all but loads of good stuff otherwise

Have fun at Jabberwocky 2018!

(Only kidding, seems like a professional and well run affair. Hope they pull it off and it improves on Field Day)

1 Like

Not a summer festival but go to Le Guess Who. It’s brilliant and Utrecht is lovely and the Dutch are just a great bunch o’ lads.

2 Likes

oh fuck yeah I really should try and get to this to see You Fail Me in full

2 Likes

I need to go to Le Guess Who this year! It really seems like something I would enjoy.

Book some accommodation now then. Something you can cancel if need be. Utrecht is worse than Barcelona for finding reasonably priced accommodation during a festival.

1 Like

Just remembered about Rewire in The Hague

Nicely sized and crazy cheap, went a few years ago and saw the Under the Skin score performed live in a huge cathedral which was amazing.

1 Like

Are you going?

$0 :disappointed:

Tell me about it!

1 Like

Rewire is classs been the last few years.
highlight probs Xiu Xiu playing Twin Peaks in 2016

2 Likes

How about supersonic? Thinking of going this year .

1 Like

That was the same year as Under the Skin! Great stuff.

Might go to Handmade Festival in Leicester- Protomartyr, The Oreilles and Big Moon.

1 Like

The Primavera lineup is fine, but it’s going to resemble a lot of similar European ones this year by the looks of it so there’s not much of a pull for me.

Does anyone know of any similar ones where I could stay in a ‘city’, that doesn’t require camping? A couple of the Scandinavian ones look tempting but they’re expensive countries generally.

1 Like

2000 trees first announcement :expressionless:

1 Like
1 Like

Forbidden Fruit is incredibly hit and miss. Chances of it lashing rain at it are around 50%. I’m from Ireland and gave up on it years ago.