Good UK/European festival line ups 2018

This year’s Cambridge Folk Festival lineup is actually really good: First Aid Kit, Patti Smith, Songhoy Blues. Has anyone been before? How difficult would it be to get there/back from London? Might just do day tickets…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeksIf4hXrX/

http://www.boozecruise.de/

From the bands I know on this line-up, looks like it could be a fun weekend. And it’s on a boat.

Off Festival in Poland. Never been but friends have. There are hotels nearby.

Off festival is fantastic - really picturesque site that is pretty much litter free due to the quirky separation of food/drink and actually watching the acts.

About a half hour walk from Cambridge station, trains are ~50 min from Kings Cross (longer later into the night).

1 Like

I’m going to Wrong in Liverpool. Are you going to the wrong Wrong, or have you got the location of Wrong wrong?

1 Like

Sonar for me has the best festival line up so far this year for me.

https://kaleidoscope-festival.com/lineup/

I wouldn’t travel any distance for this but as I’m ten minute walk away and it’s outside I might go to this. Looks a bit kid friendly but that’s cool for me too, can take mine and not have deal with camping with ‘em.

now with added Oxbow

Now minus Skunk Anansie, but plus St Vincent. Good trade.

Just got tickets for the BBC6 do in Belfast.
Not too shabby for £18 each day:

2 Likes

£18 is certainly decent for the Friday. Probably a little steep for the Saturday

30 bones to see FF on their current tour.
Young Fathers, First Aid Kit and Little Dragon too.
That’s brill for £18

1 Like

More to be announced too. As you say I’ve paid more to see most of those acts on their own. Good way to spend bank holiday weekend.

I went once a couple of years back; not sure I’d go again. The site is far too small for the size of festival, and the crowd is very… entitled middle-aged Audi driver at a classical fireworks concert.

People basically set up on chairs and picnic blankets in front of the mainstage and stay there all day, but there’s not enough room for them to do this so anyone trying to move between venues is funneled down incredibly narrow pathways whilst the people in the chairs/blankets get increasingly pissy about people invading “their” space and knocking over their plastic bottles of rose. You’re not supposed to be allowed to sit on chairs/blankets inside the venues, but that doesn’t stop people trying and so basically the stewards are fighting a constant battle to stop entitled arseholes ruining things for everyone.

Not so sure. I’d say that on further reflection £9 each for Young Fathers and Little Dragon is worth a punt (I’ve liked everything I’ve heard by both but that’s a very small sample size)

Surely no-one is going to a Franz Ferdinand gig in 2018? And First Aid Kit are not a draw for me. Friday is far superior

Not going to split hairs over the relative merits of who is playing or which day is better. I just disagree with anyone arguing £18 to see all those acts isn’t great value. If it was a one-dayer event not financially backed by the BBC you’re probably looking at around £40 for either day.

4 Likes

Welcome to the boards!

2 Likes

Pretty similar, and on the same weekend, but probably leaning more to Liverpool.