Good work clothes

Just started a contract where I have to wear proper office clothes - I haven’t had to this for about 10 yrs . Where is a good place to get officey type clothes - I don’t need a suit and tie, more like shirt and trousers kinda thing.

:jeans:

M&S

3 Likes

Uniqlo

4 Likes

“Good work, clothes”

That might be something

10 Likes

Good! Work clothes?

1 Like

I always say this before I get undressed for bed. It’s good to let your clothes know they’re appreciated.

4 Likes

That’s the sort of thing I was after, thanks

2 Likes

Next? The whole shop looks like it’s smart casual tbh tbf…

You can buy black jeans and some shirts from just about any men’s clothing retailer, should you not own any already.

Black jeans is risky. M&S chinos is where it’s at

Yeah depends how “proper” these office clothes have to be, I’ve never had an issue with plain black jeans though, as long as they’re not ripped / sprayed-on or anything.

Especially then, because when you take them off they might think they’ve done something wrong, and it’s a good opportunity for some reassurance.

2 Likes

If anything they’ll need a lift, especially if you’ve been calling them pants all day.

1 Like

Next

Do you have/wear any red trou anymore?

Can’t remember the last time I wore anything other than black jeans / shorts tbh. I think I have a pair of pink chinos still but I don’t know if they’d fit.

Making the switch from trousers to black jeans for work is one of the best improvements I’ve made to my life in the past year. Ditched shoes for Doc Martens or trainers, too.