Goodreads anyone?

So has anyone of you a Goodreads account? If not, I really recommend it to you! It’s like rateyourmusic but with books, so if you like reading and having everything super-organized I can asure you you will love it.
Here’s my profile:
https://www.goodreads.com/lucidreams

I have it linked to my FB account. And I dip in, but don’t use it as much as I ‘should’ as in currently reading, want to read etc. I like the idea it will suggest stuff based on that. I just always forget to keep it up to date.

I find the reviews better than Amazon.

Can we have a definitive list of listing, reviewing & rating your STUFF websites? What I definitely need is MORE stuff like this to waste my time on.

Books - goodreads
Boozes - untapped
Films - letterboxd

I have one linked to my FB account. I only recently discovered you could get it to grab all the books from your Amazon account automatically so that saved me some time entering books. On the other hand I need to get all the Kobo ones I bought in there and I can’t be arsed right now.

I had a weird interaction with a stranger on there because I added a book and made the mistake of commenting in my review that it wasn’t the same cover. This guy then spent a while trying to find the exact cover. Really REALLY seemed to matter to him that I had the EXACT edition in my list.

1 Like

CHEER YOU ON!!!

1 Like

Thank you for respecting my anonymity and for the encouragement. 2 of these were audiobooks which is cheating a bit isn’t it?

1 Like

That is SUCH a cheat. Outrageous.

1 Like

Knock yourself out Jonny Carey (512 books)

I have an account but haven’t looked at it in a long while.

Read one book in the last year.

Doing all the readings

JFC that jumper.

i think i have an account on it

Jealous, yeah?

Don’t have an account, but I’ve got into the habit of using it. I don’t use it to find new books to read, but to see what other people think of books I’ve just finished. It’s great to read bad reviews of books you couldn’t stand. Makes you feel less lonely.

1 Like

you should be ashamed :unamused::unamused:

1 Like

BTW, how many of your 2017 albums of the year are you going to rate by only reading the musical score?

1 Like

he’ll only listen to anything that’s got at least 8/10

1 Like

Look at @anon3515918, reading the sheet music so he can spend more time listening to audiobooks.

2 Likes

I don’t know what’s happening here :cry:

1 Like