Got a few job polls, iydm

Travel to a different work location

• Mileage/ticket and time paid
  • Mileage/ticket only
  • Neither

0 voters

I mean, Iā€™m getting paid if Iā€™m traveling during working hours and doing no work in that time, which I obviously try to arrange every time.

3 Likes

Mine depends. If I have to be at the other campus for a 9am meeting my time isnā€™t accounted for (Just mileage) but if Iā€™m going to a conference or something, Iā€™ll travel during the work day.

1 Like

Same.

1 Like

Wfh

• No
  • Only in certain circumstances
  • A day or 2 per week
  • Majority of the time
  • All the time

0 voters

Our contracts say no more than a day a week. But Iā€™m doing this whole week from home as i b0rked my toe.

Mine says the same. Been into the office maybe half a dozen times in the last three or four months.

We donā€™t have an official policy really, but it seems to operate on a ā€œdonā€™t take the pissā€ basis. However, my boss is in the States and the big boss is rarely in the office, so I do take the piss a bit tbqfh.

3 Likes

Iā€™d either travel during work hours, or get the option to take time off instead. Iā€™m usually training if I travel, which saps the olā€™ energy so I donā€™t do much work the rest of the time. So it evens out. (Plus Iā€™m expensing lunch and dinner and breakfast and ā€¦)

Yeah. Could do it once a week or so if I wanted but tend to use it sparingly. Depends on your workplace - think itā€™s a bad look in a lot of places if youā€™re a manager and youā€™re working from home excessively and your staff have to be in the office pretty much every day.

1 Like

Going to talk to my boss literally tomorrow about being able to work from home more often (due to constant irritating noise in the office, see work irks thread passim).

Our guidelines were only introduced a couple of weeks ago actually. Generally in favour of remote working, but in my current place people were really taking the piss.

1 Like

I am quite pleased that my work is on the same bus route as where I live so no changes and 40 minutes reading or listening to a podcast there and back (when I get the bus at 7.15 as opposed to 8.15 when the roads are considerably busier).

1 Like

Ours has been a thing for a while - some managers are applying it strictlyā€¦ One day a week, never the same day two weeks in a rowā€¦ Others like mine couldnā€™t give a toss so long as work is being done.

Gonna have to adjust soon I think!

Our systems are so shit that we can only access e mail from home but nothing else. So WFH actually turns out to be a pain, though I still do it if I can.

Changes are the killer. Iā€™d sooner get, say, a 75-minute train from outside my house than do, for example, a 45-minute walk/bus/tram/walk. The different legs of the journey confuse my weird brain.

1 Like

I could get to work quicker by getting a different bus to the nearest Tube station. But I find changing to be irksome.

Work from home when Iā€™m in Edinburgh. Donā€™t really do it in London, certainly not in the winter when it would involve having the heating on.

Generally of the view you should get some kind of compensation for wfh, particularly for lower level staff.

Yeah, this. My commute is an hour and a half door to door but itā€™s just sitting on one train for an hour and seven minutes of that with a short journey at each end.

We get 1.5xhrs for Saturday travel and 2xhrs on Sunday for any weekend travel time. Just to increase the irk.

1 Like