Got a few job polls, iydm

A common perk here lately is the boss emailing us all and saying, “Productivity is outstanding this week. We’re right on top of the workflow. You can all go home an hour early.” Today it’s just half an hour early but that’s still a bloody good bonus. Seven more minutes and I’m outta here!

Productivity is down. I’ve locked the doors and Turned off the air. Find and eat the least productive member of staff and you gain freedom.

12 Likes

It kinda does! It has been hit and miss the last few times I go (I realise how ridic and privileged this sounds)

One time I went and it rained the whole time so we were all sat round a dining room table with each other for 7 days basically, with nowhere else for us to work. I wanted to kill everyone I worked with by the end of it. 24 hrs a day with colleagues for a week isn’t the best, even if it is in a pimped villa.

The other 2 times were pretty great.

I have a vague plan for when I return to (my previous) workplace in September. I like the actual work a fair amount but the things I don’t like I really struggle with. (Reasonably) fixed hours, having to go in to the office, bureaucracy, ‘progression’ and all that comes with it, values and responsibilities of working for a large organisation, just general office like in a (admittedly relaxed) corporate environment.

I’m hoping to set up my own business and arrange to cover the overspill from our current weekly workload on a contractual basis, hugely undercutting the (large) company that currently does this. Ideally do a three day week from home and spend the rest of my time pursuing hobbies/interests and learning new things.

I’ve spoken briefly with my boss about it and the only issue is the management side of my role. A colleague has been seconded into my job at the moment so it might hinge on how he has done in my absence. I’m sure he will be fine though.

Why doesn’t the biggest member of staff simply eat all the other members of staff?

1 Like

Sounds good.

I sometimes wonder if i’m having tunnel vision or being a bit neurotic, but in every job i’ve had i’ve had thoughts along the lines of i could do this better, or cheaper or streamline this, or do it more ethically, etc, but taking the jump’s always scared me a bit.

I absolutely can’t think of a way to get ahead long-term that doesn’t involve being my own boss. Not even arsed about money or other trappings, just in terms of freedom to work when i want, having ideas and seeing them materlialise, cutting out bullshit and nobheads, putting hours the way of family and friends, etc.

You’ll knock it out of the park, mate, i’m sure of it.

Can I come and work for you?

I’ll head up the “cutting out bullshit and nobheads” initiative. Ta!

probably do myself out of a job ahahahahahahah

Flexi-hours??

• Strict mandated hours - a minute late = wages docked.
  • A little flexibility here and there for reasons
  • Come and go as I fucking well please, chum, they should be happy I turn up at all

0 voters

What shift patterns are you offered

• Night shift
  • Early mornings
  • Regular 9-5 stuff pal
  • Late shifts

0 voters

Don’t undercut them massively.
You have basically no rights or perks as a contractor.

You can claim your lunch

For my job i am…

• Perfectly qualified
  • Overqualified
  • Underqualified

0 voters

I have more than one job - a contracted job for a big company and my self-employed work doing a couple of different things, so I’ve been answering these polls on a completely made up/guessed basis. Sorry if I’m in breach of the poll rules.

2 Likes

Could see myself in this job for another year but would happily remain with this organisation for the rest of my working life.

Mods! We’ve got a troublemaker here!

Cheers pal.

Taking the jump has only recently seemed like an option due to the realisation that I’m probably never going to be able to afford a house (until I’m lucky enough to inherit whatever my mum leaves for me and my brothers, if applicable) so working, saving, trying to earn more just seems utterly futile when I’m (incredibly privileged enough to be) earning all that I need to cover everything I want apart from home ownership quite comfortably at the moment.

Politics chat

• Yep
  • I say nothing
  • I rage internally as people say things

0 voters

Work with ex forces tories and troll the fuck out of them

1 Like

I am proud to work for the company.

• Strongly agree
  • Agree
  • Neither agree nor disagree or have no opinion or whatever this stupid option ever really means
  • Disagree
  • Strongly disagree

0 voters

What are the options?

1 Like