GoT NO SEASON 8 šŸš« SPOILERS šŸš« thread

Which ones in particular? If the legitimate lines are functionally extinct, as is the case with House Baratheon for example, then the usual precedent is for the monarch to raise another house to assume its lands and titles (eg when Aegon the Conquerer defeated house Gardener, the Kings of the Reach, and raised the Tyrells to replace them).

so baratheon for instance, and the tullies, etc. so other people have just assumed control of those houses?

I mean, the houses are just families, so if all the family members are dead, then the house is gone. If Stormā€™s End and Dragonstone are empty, Cersei would reward a loyalist house of lesser standing such as the Estermonts to take them over.

haha i donā€™t know why but i thought the new house had to formally set up in the castle of the old house or something and say it was theirs. i imagine the aristocrats one rung below eg baratheon in that area now fight each other for supremacy?

In a scenario that exists at the present stage of the books - functional civil war, foreign invasion etc, yes, thereā€™s a power vacuum and rival families will compete with each other to get what they can. If things were running normally, everything would be top down from the crown - they appoint the wardens of the various kingdoms, who become the dominant power in their region (and over time come to be seen at the ā€œgreat housesā€), they would have their bannermen under them who are are loyal to them, and in turn, to the crown. The wardens serve at the pleasure of the crown though - so once the War of the Five Kings begins and the Tullys side with Robb Stark, the Tullys role as Lords Paramount of the Trident is rescinded and Lord Baelish assumes the role in Harrenhal.

1 Like

Was going to take Monday off so I could watch this seven or eight times ( also to recover from two days of playing cards all day) but some shitehawkā€™s gone and scheduled a meeting, havenā€™t they, so now Iā€™m going to have to pull a sickie.

1 Like

doinig a rewatch of that NYT list episodes

littlefingerā€™s accent lol

canā€™t get over it

6 Likes

Thereā€™s a few episodes around season 4 where he starts talking like an old-fashioned circus strongman

thatā€™s exactly where iā€™ve got to

think heā€™s doing a pantomime pirate

1 Like

Imagine the reaction if Ed Sheeran showed up again just before the final battle and unites everyone in a mass sinagalong.

2 Likes

ed sheeran is azor ahai

3 Likes

Think the most important detail I remembered whilst rewatching season 1 is that the melting point of gold is the same as Dothraki stew

6 Likes

Is that really just season 1!? Shit

lol yeah, iirc nasa reckon the best way to get a probe close to the sun is to coat it in gold precisely because it is so heat resistant, ffs. bad move GoT.

2 Likes

Have you seen Calvary? He plays an actual Irish person in that and still sounds like heā€™s doing a terrible fake accent.

1 Like
3 Likes

I still think Kevin Eldon will have an important part to play

*the actor Kevin Eldon. Did he play two parts? He was in the play Arya watched in Braavos, and Iā€™m sure he was one of the guards Gendry killed on the beach on his way out of Kingā€™s Landing with Tyrion and Davos. What would this mean for the GoT universe??!!

1 Like

Not long to go now eh

halfway through season 2 already.

my feeling is that season 1 was genuinely great, and that it just went down the shitter from there. I think season 3 or 4 picked up a little bit, but iā€™ll have to report back I guess.

season 2 is really shit. struggling through this mates.

2 Likes