GoT NO SEASON 8 🚫 SPOILERS 🚫 thread

anyone want to throw out reckless speculation, summarised/blurred ofc?

Summary

everyone dies, the white walkers win. bitter truth will be this is probably for the best. if they retreated once this shows they are capable of politics, maybe they made a peace truce with humans and they broke it somehow. maybe that’s why they’re back and mad as hell.

1 Like

I would be heavy, heavy into this ending!

3 Likes

yes!

christ, i’m bored

23 Likes

The boy doing the DMT in the tree wins

1 Like

at first i hated it but the more i thought it over, it makes sense.

Summary

the first time we see them in the series we are encroaching on their territory. did they build the wall with our help to delineate this territory?? they never asked to be made to fight us, maybe they’re quite sympathetic in this light, idk. and if we assume the WW “generals” are all former humans like the king is, maybe they harbour some trace memories of how brutal and callous humans are.

like yeah,
really gonna miss theorising when this show is over

3 Likes

My prediction for the end is

Summary

Jon and Dany manage to defeat Cersei who stretches her forces too thinly, they eventually defeat the White Walkers after a long battle, but they only succeed in driving them back in such a way that they might come back in the future. The two of them agree to rule the Seven Kingdoms together and all seems rosy, but just at the end we get a hint that Dany is going mad just like her dad, showing that the whole thing is all cyclical.

Not sure how Bran figures into this.

2 Likes

Can’t believe we’re going to know how GoT ends on May 19th. That’s only 95 days away!

4 Likes

Eurovision ends the day before that too so I’m gonna be fucking livid on the 20th

1 Like

Will be disappointed if it is a ‘everything happens in cycles’ ending tbh. Am v keen on @anon18868718’s idea that the White Walkers win.

1 Like

By then Brexit will have made Wildlings of us all.

7 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

oh man i hope you’re right that they acknowledge some kind of logistics in the war. that was always GoT strength, grounding this stuff in some kind of logic. but recent seasons…i mean, to say one side has dragons and 2 leaders w/ dragon blood, and another side is entirely magic ice zombies, i think i had more trouble trying to figure out where these 10s of 1000s of lannister troops keep appearing from. somehow they can afford to abandon casterly rock, besiege 2 different castles, and get absolute wrecked by dany. it makes no sense that the golden company would agree to fight for an obviously losing cause, no matter how much gold cersei has.

2 Likes

Bran’s Ending: He’ll say some philosophical bollocks and then just disappear into thin air like Starbuck at the end of Battlestar

*contains Battlestar Gallactica spoiler.

2 Likes

one thing that would be quite interesting is to see word of dragons spread through the army and then to the civilians in lannister areas, and some kind of uprising or dissent starts as people realise cersei is planning to feed them to the wolves (and dragons) just so she can be queen for a week or two longer. army hit by desertions, people refuse to pay their taxes, whatnot. might be overcomplicating it to have a 2nd (3rd?) civil war happening with so little time left to go however.

1 Like

My batshit theory is that somewhere deep in the desert lands to the south, there exists a parallel wall, a remnant from the days when an army of Fire Zombies were battled and defeated. The White King is forced back and defeated, and then the last shot of the programme is a flaming hand punching up through the sand.

5 Likes

As much as I like a Carrie/Cabin In The Woods/every zombie film ever reference, think this might be a bit ‘done’ for them to use sadly :-1:

1 Like

oo intriguing. iirc they have folk tales in the far east of the world of a long night or something too, don’t they.

Jon will kill Dany at the end. Cersei will get herself killed by Arya. Winterfell will go to the dogs and Sansa will live happily ever after in Lys or something. Jaime will die doing something heroic. The show will be absolute, atomic weapons-grade shit

4 Likes

:grinning:

1 Like

Turns out the Night King is Ned!!!

2 Likes