GoT NO SEASON 8 đŸš« SPOILERS đŸš« thread

Word :+1:

Yeah, the early season nudity was a but much. Guess that other shows like Rome were all at it at the time and GoT felt the need to go for that kind of vibe despite the superior source material. Aidan Gillen has been entertainingly scene-chewing throughout in fairness

The latter I think. Littlefinger saw it as a great opportunity to smash the entire hierarchy and put himself in a position to reap the rewards

1 Like

Definitely the latter.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Season two rewatch completed.

High point: Arya has another strong season, and the scenes with Tywin are just so much fun, but Tyrion coming into his own in King’s Landing is probably the best for me this season. He gets to slap Joffrey a couple of times, so that’s a delight. Also the Hound’s “fuck the king”.

Low point: It’s a really strong season all round tbh, but the Daenerys in Qarth plot only works sporadically. Kind of weird in that I can’t really tell if they spent too much time on that stuff, or not enough.

Other stuff: Blackwater holds up well, but you can see it’s on a lower budget than the seasons to come. Not being a book wanker and this being my first rewatch of the whole thing, I picked up on a lot more of the backstories of people like Stannis and Davos which was good. The Robb Stark/Talisa marriage looks all the more stupid given that there’s very little chemistry between them. Brienne and Jaime are great value whenever they’re on screen together.

2 Likes

yeah when i did my own rewatch it was super obvious that robb was in over his head in terms of leadership, bolton was practically telling him, “if you keep making soft hearted decisions and trying to be some honourable hero you are going to die”. don’t fight a war if you’re horny. a lesson for all of us.

3 Likes

They’re screening the first ep in the biggest cinema we have here (literally the biggest THX cinema in the world!?!?), might try to get tickets for it but will probably be an insane queue.

Imagine Jon Snow’s (Aegon Targaryen’s) face on a screen that big though. Imagine it.

2 Likes

Finished my rewatch last night. The superpals ranging north of the Wall bit is, if anything, even stupider on second watching.

3 Likes

Ikr :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I read there were limiting factors on filming in the Alcazar, but in doing so, I also stumbled across this ridiculously long video that I’ve skimmed across.

Highlights include:

• Apparently D&D just REALLY LIKED INDIRA VARMA, to the extent of pretty much deciding at the last minute to include the Dornish plotline that you see on the show.
  • they apparently talk all over the “bad pussy” line in the commentary, to try and stop the actors commenting on it
  • GRRM had to send them a note to remind them that Jaime wasn’t good at fighting any more
  • they were only allowed to film there for 7 days
  • they originally wrote the fight scene to be at night and indoors, but were only allowed to film outdoors, during the day
  • there were also strictures on where they could put cameras as well.

It’s a bit long, but kindof interesting

2 Likes

Apart from some shoddy green screen in a couple of places, this video hit me right in the feels. Here’s hoping for a worthy redemption arc/closure for Jaime, who’s genuinely one of the most interesting characters of the whole 8 seasons :heart:

Season three rewatch done.

High point: Varys’ face just after Joffrey accuses Tywin of hiding at Casterly Rock when Robert won the throne (just before Tywin sends him to bed)

Low point: The Theon/Ramsay torture stuff goes on a bit. I can see why, cos they’ve got to show him becoming completely broken, but it’s not a great watch.

Other notes: the red wedding doesn’t really get dulled by having seen it before, still a majorly shocking few minutes at the end of that episode.

2 Likes

Season four rewatch done (flew through this one because I had a long weekend and was hungover, would recommend)

High point: Pretty much all about Tywin for me, this season. Of all the major deaths up to the end of S4 (half the Starks, Robert Baratheon, Joffrey), Tywin’s is the one that harms the show most I think. Without him (and Tyrion, seeing as he’s set sail at this point), all of the King’s Landing stuff becomes so much weaker.

Other high points included Tyrion’s speech at his trial, Oberyn being lots of fun (wish he could have stuck around), Davos in general and the tenth episode (maybe the best season finale they’ve done, with Brienne vs the Hound, Tyrion vs Tywin and Arya getting on the boat at the end). Oh, and Joffrey dying obviously, especially after a very uncomfortable wedding.

Low point: The Jaime/Cersei scene next to Joffrey’s corpse, which I gather was a bit of a departure from the books, and just didn’t seem to be dealt with in any way in subsequent episodes.

On a slightly lighter low point, I wish they didn’t try so hard with the “you know nothing” catchphrase - having it as Ygritte’s last words was an eye-roll moment, particularly because her words before it (“we should have stayed in that cave”) would’ve been a nice line for her to end on. Also, I still dgaf about Jon Snow because he’s captain DULL.

If I remember rightly season five was a bit of a slog, so I’ll see if it’s improved on rewatch.

3 Likes

It has not, if anything it is worse

1 Like

I started my rewatch this time around on season 5. One of the best things about it is how fast paced season 6 seems in comparison. Lots of Sand Snakes and Blind Arya. But it would definitely feel like cheating to skip it.

now you are just trying to upset the DiS game of thrones community with these vile claims

5 Likes

LOLOLOL

2 Likes

I’m nearing the end of my season 5 rewatch, and just wait until you hear my highs and lows of that season.

2 Likes

So you liked it up until 15 episodes in?

season 5 is a goddamned death march. relentlessly miserablist. hardholme is the only episode i care to rewatch from it.

1 Like