Got any controversial film opinions?

Mine is Alex Garland is fucking shit

3 Likes

As good as the Vito bits are, the Michael Corleone sections of Godfather II are almost all incredibly boring and hard to follow. The widely held II > I opinion utterly baffles me.

5 Likes

Batman Returns is the shittest film ever made.

Freddy Got Fingered is a Dadaist masterpiece.

7 Likes

High school comedies are the pinnacle of films

3 Likes

Coens don’t make enjoyable films.

1 Like

so much of the Golden Age 70s stuff just isn’t that good really

probably my least fav film decade

1 Like

The Conversation, for example, was such a drag

Every non-musical film would be immeasurably improved by the addition of just one big musical number

9 Likes

Said this many times on here, but Paris, Texas really is the most fucking appalling thing I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Ooh yeah that one’s on my list to watch

Don’t think so

5 Likes

Yeah a lot of these films are very dull. At first I thought it couldn’t be helped and it’s just a fact that older films are slower and more opaque but some of the stuff from like the 40’s that I’ve watched proper zips along

1 Like

Panic Room is the best David Fincher film by a stretch

2 Likes

there’s loads of imaginative stuff in there I’m sure and Blazin Saddles remains an all timer for me, so it’s not all bad. But it just feels like there’s so many deadly serious, macho, grey, slow films that are wildly acclaimed and just don’t chime with me at all

1 Like

Nic Cage is a better actor than Day-Lewis

8 Likes

Finding Nemo is shit

(all Dory’s fault)

1 Like

Inside Out is one of the least engaging Pixar films

Heathers is really overrated, all the sassy soundbites sound like they were written solely for the purpose of being sassy soundbites and don’t work at all

Mike Bassett England Manager has the best rewatch value of any comedy

4 Likes

Alright, Lindsay Ellis

1 Like

Red State (2011, dir. Keven Smith) is good, actually.

1 Like