Got any controversial music opinions?

I think people are reading condemnation in comments above and that wasn’t really intended or the point. People should absolutely enjoy gigs whatever way they like, but the point was it’s almost become an unspoken rule at gigs that you’re expected to behave a certain way, which is a little different.

4 Likes

I worry my generation of gig promoter might just call it a day and settle down and that will be the end of gigs for me, especially smaller scale local gigs

1 Like

If (younger) people asked us oldies if we mind if they dance, the answer will be ‘no, dance your knees away with our blessing’.

It’s all projection.

haha come on, you’ve never been to a gig where someone’s been getting the evil eye for being a little tipsy or dancing/swaying? I think it’s probably human nature and maybe even unavoidable but still, it’s unfortunate.

2 Likes

Last Saturday (last gig) the most dangerous dancer was at least 55!

Lloyd Banks had the best verse on Touch It (remix)

1 Like

This is one big reason why that Arcade Fire line about the kids at the back with their arms folded tight irks me no end. I prefer a quiet spot and folding my arms gives me a handy place to rest my pint so knock it off, Butler.

4 Likes

Reckon if you make songs young gig goers want to dance to they’ll dance. See;

black midi - live at the Lexington, 03/05/2022 - YouTube from 47:46 for example

1 Like
1 Like

Going to spice up this ignored take and say The Black Hole Understands is their 2nd best album.

Shoegaze peaked with Silversun Pickups.

1 Like

Excited Everything Is Fine GIF by Minions

8 Likes

I just couldn’t believe anyone thought that.

I’m genuinely confused by the lack of attention it gets, I think it’s their most exciting and consistent one by far.

What a way to start an album:

As a rebuttal to all the live comments above, I fucking hate dance fascists at gigs that demand you experience the gig exactly like they want to. I like head nodding and maybe bouncing on my toes, but that’s all the movement I want to give, thanks.

9 Likes

Fully on board with this

1 Like

Friend of mine recently said “Robbie Williams walked so that Harry Styles could run” which left me fairly stunned

4 Likes

Gigs are boring when you’re sober and really fun when you’re drunk

3 Likes

Maybe the gigs you go to :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

There are more ideas that are more interesting and creative in Country House than Bohemian Rhapsody and it just gets a bad rap because of the video.

1 Like