Got any foibles?

I’ve got a habit of buying 2nd hand wooly jumpers thinking they look cosy but they’re actually itchy or badly fitting so I never wear them, and then give them away a few months later.

perhaps my biggest foible

1 Like

Aesop’s Foibles

1 Like

Not since I had them removed by the doctor a few years ago.

Don’t worry Shrewbs, I’ll save your thread from these fucking hoodlums.

I always have to have the volume on an even number, 0 or 5, is that a foible? Also I cannot ever, EVER, wear odd socks.

1 Like

When i get stressed i don’t answer my phone

3 Likes

I’d say these are more quirks than foibles but if you regard them as foibles then who am I to disagree

1 Like

I view them as foible-esque.

1 Like

I’ve started to forget to put the lid back on the toothpaste tube after using it. Caught myself doing it/not doing it a few times lately. It’s quite a recent development, not sure how I feel about it tbh.

1 Like

try not to feel too bad about it

Thanks, pal. I don’t really feel too bad about it, just mildly pertubed when I wake up on a morning and see I left it off again.

I’m sorry, I only have major weaknesses.

No, none

When I need to buy something, I spend ages looking for the best reviewed one, then ages looking for a bargain on it, then end up buying something much cheaper which I’m slightly disgusted with because it’s not as good.

Absolutely. 5 is fine, not like those other odd fuckers.

1 Like

My foible is to start doing a task (e.g. cleaning the bathroom) and get distracted half way through and start doing another task (e.g. dusting the stairs)

1 Like

This is also my foible

“I’ll just put a load of washing on. Oh wait, clean the hob first so I can put the cloth in the wash. Cupboard where the cleaning cloths are is quite messy, let me just take everything out to tidy it. Now the floor’s dusty, better mop it. Take the rubbish out first so I don’t get shoes on the clean floor” [3 hours later, dirty washing still sitting in the machine unwashed, contents of the cupboard spread all over the kitchen, floor unmopped etc]

2 Likes

Smart thread

1 Like

Can’t imagine watching anything with the volume on 23 or 17 or something like that. Absolute nightmare.

1 Like

Proper serial killer behaviour imo.

2 Likes

They’re more nuances tbh