Got any old songs you're listening to a lot lately?

Been listening to this at work at least twice a day this week for some reason

Also had this in my head ever since watching Get Back a few weeks ago so been hammering it a lot to try and get it out of my system

2 Likes
5 Likes

must have listened to this about 10 times yesterday.

5 Likes

Got obsessed with Emitt Rhodes recently, been listening to American Dream a lot. These two songs are so good, those melodies oof.

3 Likes

Heard this for what I think was the first time ever a week or so ago and have been humming it intermittently ever since.

4 Likes

This is great!

1 Like

Big Spender - YouTube

5 Likes

McCartney, mostly

1 Like

One of those songs that I’ve always known but never purposely listened to until recently. Absolutely rinsed.

5 Likes

I brushed my teeth to this yesterday

5 Likes

Also, this album from the 70s by Kim Jung Mi, first song Haenim is one of my all timers.

Exploring further delved into the back catalogue of Shin Jung-hyeon who played on the record, and found a great comp of his stuff.

2 Likes

Love that comp. Bought it after seeing Japanese Breakfast talk about it!

1 Like

One of the best songs about the movies apart from Alien Ant Farm’s ‘Movies’, obviously.

1 Like

This has been in my head a lot cos I’m seeing the Hold Steady and a song I really like references it, and from rewatching The Suicide Squad which it is in

1 Like

Can’t remember what made me listen to this album for the first time in over 20 years, this is the one that’s been stuck in my head ever since

1 Like

Old? From 2003 so not sure it applies but I’ve just stumbled across Appleseed Cast and am now obsessed by this album.

5 Likes

always

3 Likes

also, woah TIL

The song uses the same chord sequence as Erik Satie’s Trois Gymnopédies

Old in this case just means not brand new I guess.

3 Likes