Got any pipe dreams?

Play bass in a number of bands while working in a secure but not stressful job.

1 Like

m95 my inner life is basically this classic screensaver

3 Likes

in summary, I have a number of creative pursuits that I am sporadically but frustratingly inconsistently OK at

extremely dis answer but open a record shop with cafe. basically want to live out high fidelity (without the being a horrible prick part)

5 Likes

Ever worked in a record store before?

Large number of these are things which are predicated on dealing with the general public on a daily basis.

You all sure about that?

8 Likes

Sorry, I considered not positing and I know its not a dream for everyone and will be seen as cruel but part of it is giving them the best possible life I can before hand. They would be absolutely spoilt.

Earning enough money from my side projects (primarily writing but also some tech stuff) to the point where I only need to work a few days a week.

no…

Don’t let anyone make you feel ashamed for eating meat. Everyone’s food choices are their own. Except when they’re eating £6 toast, eggs on pizza, dodgy canteen food etc

6 Likes

Blowing up Mars

1 Like

That’s the joy of these day dreams, Geoff… you don’t worry about the practicalities.

Like, for mine (not have to get up to go to work) - it’s pretty achievable, really. I could find a way to go freelance, if I did some legwork for the next year or so and got shit together. BUT I’m also massively aware that freelance life might really not be for me - I hate admin, would be terrified of chasing payment, might just go mad working by myself all the time.

But it’s a day dream, so you don’t worry about that part.

Meh, I just found it funny.

I did this, it is nice and you should do it too.

1 Like

Mine is having a job I like

1 Like

where did you move to?

get up to some hilarious escapades as a fish out of water1

Be able to retire in a couple of years (say at 55) and move to north Cornwall and live within a short walk of the sea.

The first part of that is potentially possible but the second part almost certainly isn’t

1 Like

How about cannibals?

To have enough money so I didn’t have to work again.
Then do a good bit of charity work in my free time: animal shelters etc.
Maybe put on a few gigs and things when I fancied it too as a hobby.