Got any professional letters after your name?

What are they?

Do you ever use them?

Will you get more?

You can of course letter me know about professional letters you got in the post if that’s more interesting, lord knows it has to be.

1 Like

CGMA. Have never used it outside of my cv.

1 Like

I have MIPM. Have never used them. They just show that I know something about benches and that I guess.

N/A

11 Likes

this typo

3 Likes

Do academic ones count? Have obviously never used them for anything.

Sounds like something that would involve effort for me to achieve so obviously not

My pal used to sign his name and put NFI after it when he first started working with us (not fucking interested). Remarkably he’s gone on to have a much better career than me despite still very muc being the nfi man of old.

they can if you like but I’m primarily here for the more boring ones that no one understands

1 Like

In that case, I got nothing.

I have done professional qualifications but none that gave me fancy letters. Not sure I even got a certificate.

FHEA (Fellow of the Higher Education Academy).

I use it on my email signature, because higher education is a big pissing contest and so this helps to extend the range of my piss ever so slightly.

3 Likes

Really like the word “Fellow”

3 Likes

FCCA, never have used and never will.

1 Like

Mine annoys me because you can also get it just for saying you want it really - well, you have to prove a certain amount of years professional experience but they do mean a level of knowledge that I know people don’t have (the woman I work for has the next level to me so gets more intel and freebies as she’s been working longer, but she only actually knows relevant stuff because I tell her, plus I also did the course and she dropped out) :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, same in my area - think I should use it especially given no one takes me seriously most of the time but I just can’t.

I think about it more in terms of new people I engage with, new hires to the business and externals really, where you have the opportunity to set the tone early on (“I take [insert industry] very/reasonably seriously and am a real professional & grown up adult)”

I wouldn’t necessarily expect people who already know me to suddenly start paying attention but it’s not really for them IMO

1 Like

‘The Clown Prince of Crime’

11 Likes

SOAWJO

5 Likes

Almost certain that CPC doesn’t count but going to add it to my name next time I fill out an application for something anyway

Edit: it does NOT stand for the clown prince of crime

5 Likes

CPA, EPA, ttfn