Got any regrets?

Jesus, thanks for the reminder. Just re-read those too. Reminds me why I’m not really a New Order fan.

Fuuuuck same @SenorDingDong . I’m pretty sure I saw Aqualung instead!

Oh of course! I’d be all over you. WE’RE GOING TO GET DOUGHNUTS AND CRY cause that’s all we do :smiley:

Same! I’m like “ahh now what do I say”. It’s so hard for me just to have a natural rapport with someone.

HAHA that’s so cute! Are you getting to see them soon or is it hard when you live in different places? tbh me and my friend are so difficult to meet up with cause one of us is always ill :laughing:

1 Like

Totally this. My friendship group has got smaller over the last few years as people have moved away, and now I know that I need some more friends, but no idea how to make them. I made a whole load when I moved about ten years but I was younger and cooler

But did you imagine it
In a different way?
Did you imagine it
In a different way?
Did you think that everything, everything would change?
Did you imagine it
In a different way?

Regret not getting really good at a niche hobby. Like whittling or wicker-weaving. Basically, wish I was good at woodwork.

1 Like

YES! Gaah, I need to come down! I never go to London tho, but I must! I really love visiting when I do.

Yeah, initially I find it a bit awkward too :grimacing: and I normally always wait for them to make the first move :smiley: Haha!!! It sounds like a date. After a night in the pub or a coffee though it gets a lot easier! A gf of my bf’s friend asked me for a coffee once and I was a bit shocked because tbh, I got the impression she didn’t like me much and then we met up and it was great! I am a big fan of smaller initial meet ups, you can ask all the embarrassing stuff and BOND.

I saw both of my close friends recently within the space of a couple days actually. I made the effort to go see them which, shamefully, I haven’t done for a long, long time. I need to do it more. I’m terrible with stuff like that :confused: It was so unbelievably good to see them!! A weight was lifted, I was starting to worry they’d forget about meeee!!

Aw noo, that’s a shame with the illness, maybe you’ll both sync up and you can meet up when you’re both ill and ill together with duvets and comfort food!! One of my all time favourite things is just lounging around and being unclean and filthy with my friends :laughing:

I had no idea either. It was pure luck that I discovered something I was into. School never encouraged us in anything ‘creative’. I just stumbled into it. I think there should be better provision and encouragement for people in their 20s to go to university once they have a better idea of themselves. And for school leavers to not necessarily be told that that they should go to university at all or at least not immediately.

2 Likes

I’m looking at the lineup and can’t think where I was instead, probably just in a bar tent or something. Daft. Great weekend though.

The days after I do no work when I have to do 2 days work in 1 day. Which I’m heading towards.

I’m currently regretting deciding to become a useless unemployable bum most at the minute

When are you going to be in your 80s?

At this rate, never.

But all being well, in 45 years time.

If you asked me five years ago I would have said I had lots of regrets. Now, I would say almost none. Time rubs the sharp edges off these memories and feelings and you also develop better coping mechanisms for dealing with these things.

2 Likes

Oh, and if you see your mother this weekend, please tell her SATANSATANSATANSATANSATANSATAN

7 Likes

I’ll be your friend @rob.orch . Let’s have a Brighton DIS pint

3 Likes

I went to Newcastle uni, which is probably very similar to Nottingham in terms of who it takes (although St Andrews, Bristol, York & Durham were much, much worse for being dominated by public school kids who didn’t get into Oxbridge), but Newcastle was such a huge leap from where I grew up that the whole experience of university was definitely worth it, beyond what I was studying.

It’s not so much the social groups, but culturally it was a massive awakening - I was probably a year behind everyone else on my course in terms of a lot of things.

Yeah similar to you guys and @anon44830896. I have a couple of close friends from years back but find it hard to make new ones, or to work out exactly how you get into the right situations (for instance, I’ve been going to the same gym for like four years now, and I don’t think I’ve ever spoken to anyone there). On the other hand, we have two young kids and family life is great so I don’t quite know how I’d fit in any more friendships than I have at the moment anyway!

Fair play. University experiences are all entirely subjective of course. And outside of all of that, you did a degree which actually requires you to do some work. I did a 6 hours of scheduled tuition a week jobby and found myself questioning why I was actually there. But being taught that stuff has influenced how I live and think more than I realise I suppose so, all a balance ain’t it.

Best festival lineup I’ve ever seen. No wonder they lost 250k

1 Like