Got drunk and did karaoke again last night, didn't I

Proper karaoke booth though, not sharing the stage with Shirley’s hen-do.

What’s your go to karaoke banger?

Highlight from last night:

Bitch Better Have My Money

I tried to do Intergalactic too, a song I thought I knew well. Apparently not though. :frowning:

1 Like

I will never do karaoke

7 Likes

First 20 minutes are always people too shy to sing too and then they get more confident and there’s 30 songs lined up with 5 minutes remaining and nobody gets to sing what they want

1 Like

Go to is Flying Without Wings

3 Likes

(disclaimer: I do like them though)

My go-tos:

Just a Gigalo
Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
Beggin’
Euphoria
Mad World (original)

Love it, but do need to be at least tipsy to even consider it.

Go to’s:

Since u been gone
It’s my life (original)
This is hardcore (if nobody is singing and I want to take up 6 minutes of people’s time)

Both have their place if you ask me. Obvs nothing beats everyone sharing a stage in a pub/bar or whatever but if you just want to get in a booth with a load of mates and sing a load of old shite that’s great also.

I found out via Singstar that this song suits my voice perfectly. I need to give it a go on karaoke.

1 Like

Every other building in New Malden is one of these.

karaoke is one of those things that’s only fun for the person doing it eh? never understood the joy in watching someone murder/give an X-factor-esque lungbusting version of a popular song*

*disclaimer i also fucking hate cover bands

2 Likes

Yeah that does happen - there’s always one who just puts about 20 songs of shite on. Doesn’t happen in standard karaoke, you’ve got to choose carefully.

Dancing Queen is always a highlight. Possibly the best song of all time.

1 Like

I suppose it depends whether everyone else is singing along too. We tended to have everyone singing, apart from when me and a mate did Paranoid Android (before someone cut the song off ffs).

Agree that someone trying to do Adele or Amy Winehouse like this is their moment while everyone looks on is pretty shit.

1 Like

to be fair my experience of it is limited to a local boozer when i was growing up where the karaoke night was mainly frequented by frustrated wannabe cruise ship singers murdering whitney houston and celine dion songs

Lionel Ritchie’s Easy is my safe bet.

But usually I just jump up and interrupt someone else

1 Like

down by the river by neil

do air guitar for the solo for 8 minutes or whatever

Poison by Alice Cooper if I’m on a stage.

Used to have singstar and some of my favourites to murder where unchained melody and this charming man.

3 Likes

I’ve only done Karaoke once and tried to do Beach Boys’ Good Vibrations. Like, the full harmonies and everything. Dreadful

There’s a karaoke bar that recently opened up in Nijmegen. Every time I’ve gone there, the entire fucking place is singing, and the person who has the microphone is almost incidental.

The collective rendition of 100 odd people singing/shouting Celine Dion’s My Heart Will Go On in unison was a truly magical moment.

2 Likes

I would never inflict my “singing” onto anyone, not even at karaoke. Last Thursday, though, Clive did Material Girl. The last time he did karaoke he went for Reach For The Stars.