Got milk?

OMG house swap?

It’s replaced all other treats for me, never want chocolate anymore, just a proper chai with barista oatly.

going forward do you think you will now be consciously cutting milk anf fox milk from your diet?

Its calorie content is much closer to whole (cow) milk so it is a better replacement if you have a young kid who can’t drink cow juice.

edit plus what @anon45164313 said about it being creamy and delicious

Unless you’re an awful parent like me and the ordinary one is for your young child and the delicious one is ‘too spicy’ for toddlers.

2 Likes

hahahahaha, the go to scare tactic. I probably use that at least a couple of times a week.

Best parenting tip I’ve ever learnt from the internet.

I got very dubious looks the other day though when I said that the cake I had been eating was a spiced cake. Not technically a lie, but I think they were grasping that spiced doesn’t necessarily mean spicy

1 Like

Is that the brand that has ‘Hey Paul!’ written on the side?

We have green and blue milk in the fridge - green for me and the other half, blue for the child. I’m guessing at some point we switch him over, but he’s only little and could probably do with all the calories he can get at the moment.

I have milk on my cereal every day and with a cup of tea late in the day, but I don’t think I like milk at all.

:man_shrugging:

Can I pick your brain on this?

Trying to come off as much dairy as I can (cheese is going to be last but will be a thread for another time).

AT the moment I’m drinking the standard oatly but it is SO thick and gloopy and slightly chalky (which is what I hate about soya and almond milks and what I’m keen to avoid.) The toddler is refusing to drink it too.

We normally drink red (skimmed) milk and I hate the texture of even semi-skimmed. is there an oatly that is really really runny like skimmed, and not as chalky as the standard one? I have some of the unopened barista one at home but I’m waiting to finish some coconut milk before I open it.

I’ve not tried their semi version so maybe that, but I’ve not really noticed any texture issues myself as I only have it in smoothies (I’ve decided that even though I never liked milk on its own I was so used to it in tea that any sub for it won’t do so I stopped drinking it altogether).

You could make your own to get the consistency you like and it’s really easy BUT not fortified so if you’re in need of B12 it’ll be useless.

Sorry I’m no help. M didn’t have issues switching but asked to rather than me attempting to make the transition so it was easy (once I told her cows milk was for baby cows she just said she didn’t want it anymore!)

She also likes the minor figures oat milk so maybe try a few brands.

Oh they have a skinny oatly too, never seen it anywhere but Sainsbury’s have it online

1 Like

I’ll try the skinny thanks! I don’t really drink it on its own but I do like it in tea and sometimes coffee (philistine klaxon) and in porridge/ Weetabix.
The wee one’s not mad about coo juice either (which goes to show how conditioned we are as adults to drinking what is essentially the mucous of another species which was intended for its own babies- when you present it as so to little ones they’re rightly grossed out.)