Got my new bank card through the post today

That’s me joined the contactless world. Pretty exciting.

3 Likes

welcome aboard, jordo!

6 Likes

Do you think they’ll accept it at Greggs? Might head there just now.

How many yumyums you getting?

Ooh. What’s you card number?

1 Like

I can spend up to £30 contactless apparently, so that many.

4 Likes

Same as the old (non-contactless) (contactful?) one.

Anyone heard that album Channel Orange from Frank Ocean yet? He’s part of OFWGKTA but actually good. Give it a listen if you haven’t heard!

Good for you. When I see people typing in their PIN I want to smash their kneecaps. You think you’re so great with your fucking PINs and your small purchases.

1 Like

Put my card on my phone now I pay by just holding the phone over the thing.
It’s like living in a comic book future.

Earned a £10 from Google for it too…plus one for MrS by way of recommending me …

I feel like there’s a subtext to your post, but I genuinely haven’t heard that album, so might listen to it. Thanks!

2 Likes

can’t see this taking off

3 Likes

This sounds exciting, but I’ll have to crawl before I can walk.

1 Like

What’s the limit for needing to put your personal PIN number in the machine these days?

When I left the UK: 10 quid. What a joke.
Australia: $100
Netherlands €30 I think, haven’t been paying attention.

An Australian woman in a shop asked me if I had contactless when I was buying something once, and I said no. She said “you don’t want it anyway”, and I didn’t really know how to respond to that, so the rest of the transaction was completed in silence.

5 Likes

Big fan of Kendrick Lamar’s new album Good Kid, M.A.A.D City. Hadn’t heard of the guy before, but it’s a surprisingly accomplished effort.

1 Like

I’ve heard that one!

£30.00pGBP these days.

About $500 in Australian that isn’t it?

Martin says: 'if you take the chocolate and put it straight into your bag you can avoid the checkouts altogether"

1 Like

Money Saving Expert’s gone a bit dark since I left the UK.

1 Like