GoT NO SEASON 8 🚫 SPOILERS 🚫 thread

Sigh

2 Likes

Alt Shift X has done a good vid on Patchface:

2 Likes

Up to S5E10 now!

1 Like

Oh God, not sure I can face this but probably will

This is a fucking haiku compared to the mother of all GoT crackpot analysis, the Winterfell Huis Clos - I’ve read bits but never tackled the whole thing (I think it’s something like 300,000 words?)

http://branvras.free.fr/HuisClos/HuisClos.html

300k?

FO, M.

5 Likes

someone convinced me to watch ‘reign’ on netflix, pitching it as GoT but with a historically accurate storyline

it’s so shit m8s. almost comically bad, but not.

1 Like

I’ve seen some of this. It’s basically Carry On Mary Queen of Scots, “historically accurate” is pushing it, it just uses the names of real people. Nice costumes though, and quite a lot of shagging.

even with that description i’d be willing to give it a go esp “quite a lot of shagging” but it’s pure turkey

‘rome’ is the ‘historically accurate’ game of thrones

1 Like

I remember that being total bilge but it has an 8.8 on IMDB. Was is not total bilge?

It was ahead of its time.

3 Likes

It’s fantastic and if it came out now everyone would love it but it just predated the boxset boom/golden age of tv.

The BBC (who co-produced it with HBO, I think) cut the first two episodes into one when they showed it so it made no sense and got bad reviews as a result. Then they buried series 2 on a Sunday evening. And then it got cancelled cos it cost shit loads to make. But it’s proper AAA level TV.

1 Like

So, what are some good GoT apps? Mostly interested in trivia and such, not like strategy games or whatever. (For the first time in my life I have a phone with enough space to download lots of silly shit and I love it)

the correct answer is to tuck into the witcher 3 and both DLCs for that grimdark flava while we await the new season.

Going to watch the last episode of season seven tonight! Very excited! (And will be re-reading the books now too.)

1 Like

Has anyone else totally lost all enthusiasm for the TV series? Only really liked the field of fire episode from last series and all the excitement I had for the conclusion has ebbed away.

2 Likes

1 Like

Is that your new motor?

1 Like