GoT NO SEASON 8 🚫 SPOILERS 🚫 thread

Goodie>Baddie>character like Lancel

2 Likes

Trying to think if there’s a worse character than Lancel.

Ollie, maybe?

Dun dun duhduh dun dun duhduh dun dun dun i am excited

2 Likes

In the show? Tyene, maybe?

1 Like

Jorah

2 Likes

Yeah this is peak Sand Snakes season, I just play games on my phone while they do their thing

1 Like

Shireen now. Goddammit Stannis

2 Likes

The more times I see this the more ridiculous becomes the entire shitshow that is Stannis’ «rise» and fall

Daario is also a really poor character. I like his scenes with Dany, but everything else is just yuck. Might as well have been two different characters, it doesn’t fit. Like when he’s taunting Jorah about «riding the dragon» — seems extremely out of character for the same man who’s all cutesy and lovey dovey with Dany.

1 Like

First dance to the title theme?!

3 Likes

Brb need to find someone to marry

4 Likes

Finished rewatch of 1-7 last night. The drop in quality after series 4 is palpable but it’s still better than 90% of other TV. I’ve been trying to predict who might make it out alive but I love the theory above that nobody does. Would be a fitting ending (especially if it’s read as an allegory for climate change).

My theory is GRRM has told the show runners one version of how it ends, will gauge the public response to it after the finale, and then write a completely different ending in the final book.

1 Like

really dislike the sudden deaths in this. like that guy who got his skull crushed by that unit, or the priest fella who got blown up.

its not big or clever.

1 Like

This is a very well constructed arc and fittingly shocking conclusion imo. One of the best bits in the whole show.

4 Likes

I’m quite pleased with my decision to start at season 5 this time around — got just enough boring bits (Dorne, Braavos) that I really appreciated it when I could move onto season 6 and EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING EVERYWHERE.

Agreed. Loved his character first time we watched and his demise was a shock. Funnily enough on second viewing realised he actually gets remarkably little screen time.

the actor’s charisma makes him seem like a bigger presence imo. he was so good. like anthony hopkins is only in silence of the lambs for 15 minutes in total but that is his film.

3 Likes

yeah because weddings in GoT always work out

6 Likes

On the topic of inappropriate wedding themes, someone I talk to on Twitter yesterday was sharing her wedding plans which included a reading and decorative quotes from Ted Hughes. I didn’t want to bring it up and be a killjoy but come on! Glad I can get this off my chest here.

2 Likes

On the off-chance that this is of interest to anyone (maybe @whiterussian?):

https://twitter.com/jamieeast/status/1099039520677421057?s=19

2 Likes