‼ ‼ GoT: THE FINALE ‼ ‼

i can’t imagine signing that petition, i think the mrs would break up with me and be right to do it, tbh

8 Likes

What time is it on tonight?

Dunno

2 Likes

2am UK time

Ta

Looking forward to the Watchmen sequel series now.

3 Likes

going to watch a few episodes of kingdom, the korean game of thrones, to take my mind off it

1 Like

I hope that a lovely time is had by all who partake in the viewing of Game of Thrones S08E06

5 Likes
4 Likes

Imagine if they aired this instead of the finale

and the president of HBO was like “you’ve all slagged off this season, so here’s an old episode instead. later fuckos [mic drop]” before it started

The final episode is a shot for shot remake of the first episode, but with John as Robert Baretheon, and Tyrion as Ned Stark.

7 Likes

Some light pre-finale reading on how the depiction of peasants in Game of Thrones is fuelling white supremacism, if that’s the kind of thing you might be into

1 Like

This was a really good read, thank you! I didn’t realise medievalism was so prevalent among the far right, makes sense though.

I do think the peasants of kings landing protested more in the books, especially during joffrey’s reign, he shot a bunch of them with his crossbow when they called for bread. Obv this wasn’t sexy enough for the show when he could torture a sex worker to death instead :roll_eyes:

1 Like

good article. reminds me of some stuff they discussed on a recent war nerd 3 parter about the 100 years war. that was the first time i realised that “peasant” is a really complex term wrt middle ages.

T- minus 5 mins folks

I wish you good fortune in the flamewar to come

grey worm is such a badass, most ppl wouldn’t return to work that soon after a personal loss but my guy did and he got a promotion

2 Likes

Jon Snow is even more pathetic than I thought.

1 Like

arya sneaking up on him again there, a callback to how she can sneak up on any storyline and kill it stone dead

1 Like

Fuck me I have no idea how they’ll resolve this satisfactorily in (checks watch) 40 minutes

Shame she couldn’t have killed dorne

1 Like