GoT Waiting Thread

It’s going to be a long wait for the next season, friends. We need somewhere to have a chat in the meantime.

Book wanker talk obvs allowed, BUT if you’re going to post something that hasn’t been covered in the show or a timeline that’s been changed or whatever, then please blur the text.

I’ve started reading A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, which is really lovely :heart:

2 Likes

GoT is not very good

1 Like

You are hereby banned from this thread

9 Likes

mate, why just post this about every topic made?

4 Likes

Anyone think that the tv guys made GRR Martin hold off publishing anymore books until the tv show has finished so they don’t give away the end before the tv? It has been a long time now and as it’s such a big thing it’d make sense to release a new book now if it’s ready.

1 Like

3 Likes

Alright, just a couple of wuick polls to get us started:

Which of the remaining major houses is your favourite? (Does not have to be the one you think will “win” or whatever)

• Stark
  • Targaryen
  • Lannister
  • Baratheon
  • Arryn
  • Greyjoy

0 voters

Favourite major player still standing?

• Daenerys Targaryen
  • Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen
  • Sansa Stark
  • Arya Stark
  • Jaime Lannister
  • Cersei Lannister
  • Tyrion Lannister

0 voters

Feel bad that no one’s voting for Jon. Like, sure, he’s a bit annoying and stuff, but he is the leader of the side that we all want to win.

Anyway.

Favourite remaining antagonist?

• Cersei
  • Night King
  • Euron (lol)

0 voters

(Feel free to make some other polls or whatever)

What Baratheons are left? Gendry?

Yep.

(And I mean, the Baratheon stag is still at King’s Landing in the intro sequence, because technically speaking that’s actually Cersei’s claim to the throne… But she’s all Lannister)

1 Like

possibly half Targ depending on which theories you read

1 Like

Too soon @anon73480094

Too soon.

Really enjoyed A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms even if it is obviously ridiculously happy/light compared to the main series.

I’m hoping

Will be collected in a similar book because I don’t know that I want to read those three anthologies. I’m not WILD about anthologies. So much stuff and I tend to not get around to actually going into the work of the new authors I find because it merges together too easily.

1 Like

haven’t read any of the ancillary books. is dunk and egg any good?

I mean I haven’t read loads so far but quite enjoyable. Fairly different in tone etc though

spinoff show you would most like to see:

• robert’s rebellion
  • the fall of valyria
  • some shit about the night’s watch
  • dawn age battle: children of the forest vs the first men
  • the untold buddy cop adventures of arya & the hound
  • other (please specify)

0 voters

all of them tbh

3 Likes

The conquest of Westeros!

(And if I could’ve voted for two things the other one would obvs have been Hound & Arya)

A slow-burning drama about the petty rivalries and internecine struggles of the swellsword companies in the Disputed Lands.

5 Likes