Graffiti - Is it always vandalism?

here is some graffiti i spotted in the alleyway behind my house, must be the door that leads to the chippy

reminds me of the new HMHB album cover

7 Likes

famously some ‘Join the IRA’ graffiti in my hometown got creatively turned into this:

then the council painted over it, and predictably the original message returned soon after (don’t know what it looks like at the minute)

19 Likes

a classic:

14 Likes

my favourite bit of Belfast street art

1 Like

and the worst:

21 Likes

lastly i’ve posted this one before but i find it more enjoyable to just read the first two lines

26 Likes

Think that’s been invented dude, to be honest.

That’s a mural though, surely.

(Is this a trap?)

Didn’t you say say the council had intervened?

I’d like to know which piece you know of that has been protected by the council.

In other words, ive no idea what the evening standard are talking about.

I still would like to know exactly which pieces we are talking about. As in - which of Banksy’s pieces.

they protect banksy’s art in Hull?!

Why do they do that?

Not read the thread but I’m assuming someone has sensibly pointed out that if you have enough money you can plaster your stupid bullshit message (wow, i feel angry oooh) everywhere and that’s fine, so all is good

1 Like

This is so oddly antagonistic.

4 Likes

I can only go by what I know if banksy’s London Work. Which seems to be always protected by whoever owns the property it’s attached to…

I guess I was being a twat deliberately because I’m quite up on banksey’s work, (((( in London))))) and would know if the council had protected it.

Not massively up on Banksey’s Hull stuff.

I find most anti London threads oddly antagonistic.

apologies, just from your wording it could be construde that the council do this kind of thing all of the time. But you meant Hull… as a one off.

Oh dear.

Wah? This is really confusing.

I’ve made a stand against blatant disinformation and I’m the tosser?