Grand Theft Auto 6

You get to see a Ricky Gervais stand up routine

Hard pass.

This post paid for by PROF$.

3 Likes

Just like driving around and looking at the scenery

4 Likes

Was about 13 when gta 1 came out and it blew our tiny minds, an astonishing game for its time

Might dig out the soundtrack tonight

3 Likes

Probably won’t be able to afford device to play it on.

2 Likes

You’d think Rockstar would have put out a rough release date in that statement 2025/26 say. Shut people up about it on some level or make the leak less interesting.

Pretty sure I’ve told this story before but I absolutely loved it when I accidentally shot a shopkeeper or a sheriff or something in the head and then when I came back a bit later he was fine, but also very annoyed with me about something :smiley:

2 Likes

Would be good if there was a funeral add-on & you could steal the hearse and ram it into the castle and make off with the half billion quid hat

4 Likes

i like stopping at the red lights and waiting for the people to cross safely

probably not the game for me on reflection

7 Likes

never played 1 or London (actually i had a Game Boy version of 1 which wasn’t quite the same) but played GTA2 loads, then GTA3 was mindblowing in comparison. Vice City was where the game reached perfection imo. small improvements over 3 but the same basic engine/gameplay, and lovely scenery.

San Andreas was fun but everything felt much slower. random fistfights with pedestrians were now like a slow boxing match rather than a cartoonish punch up. game was far too big and if you were out driving in the country and you wrecked your car you could be stuck out there for hours. all the stuff like going to restaurants and gyms and getting your haircut were fun initially but basically a pointless gimmick. my favourite thing to do was hijack the train and drive it so fast it would eventually derail. good game but overrated compared to the two before.

basically stopped gaming after that so i’ve only ever messed around a bit on someone else’s GTAIV. never done any missions on that one. played GTAV a bit more initially on a borrowed copy and started doing the missions but had to give it back. have access to it now and have had the odd rampage on it in later years but not for a while. even that was more because i’d realised later how good the music was in it.

1 Like

Never owned a console that would run a GTA, but played many hours of GTA 3 / SA / IV / V round friends places. I really love them in that mode tbh, taking turns to fuck about while chatting.

I generally just like to drive around quickly, drive up / off mountains, do car chases, silly stuff etc. Those worlds are great for general fucking about, and that’s more than enough for the way I’ve played them.

Driving sports cars off massive cliffs in GTA V while Robyn plays on the radio is still a great memory.

1 Like

Got a PS4 pro in ’lockdown’ with GTAV and literally just driving around the countryside helped chill me out immensely

4 Likes

Also remarkably peaceful going cycling on the mountains at dawn.

5 Likes

Really don’t think I’ve got any interest in a new one of these without a radical overhaul of the entire concept, which they don’t seem to have done at all based on the leak. Will inevitably get this day one anyway just to be part of the conversation.

6 Likes

This wont likely be out until 2024 at the earliest.

1 Like

GTA? More like cba!!!

1 Like

Yeah, I bounced off 4 so hard, for the same reason, that I’ve never even considered playing 5.

1 Like

never really played GTA as I think I was fully in my FF/JRPG mode then and dismissed Vice/San Andreas as being idk too macho or mainstream or something stupid. Kind of a shame as I wish I had that nostalgia for them that everyone else does, and was a proper big part of the youth culture of the time that just passed me by

hope someone I know gets VI and I can watch them play it without putting in any work myself

oh, we’re still several years away. Way to get my (very small) hopes up guys!

Guaranteed they’re gonna morph this story into a mission.