Grassing up, snitching, reporting matters to the police etc

Think you’re looking for the Blink 182 thread

1 Like

Neighbor’s alarm went off constantly while we were trying to BBQ some halloumi and have a peaceful glass of wine last summer, so after about half an hour of our fingers in our ears, I cracked and phoned da polis. No idea what happened but it stopped not long after I called so I probably wasted a bobby’s time.

i play music through my phone so if i want to change the track or whatever i’ll mess about with my phone

not the same, though, is it?

like, no doubt you can be a reckless cyclist. but I mean, you can also be a reckless pedestrian - @moousee got hurt by someone ambling into a cycle path without looking, and I see this loads, people just walking there with no regard for cyclists, not checking to see if anyone’s coming.

obvs. it’s not wise to be checking your phone on your bike, and you do see people on their bikes not paying any mind to others, but you can do it when it’s quiet area, or if you’ve stopped, etc. it’s nowhere near as dangerous as a driver checking their phone, is what I’m saying.

1 Like

Are you saying whatever music you’re playing is more important than my child’s life?

As a parent, I find this disgusting.

1 Like

Was the smoke alarm and stopped when you stopped cooking

1 Like

only more important than the lives of children who like to run into the middle of the road

i have a new thing i say to folk who walk into the road without looking

WHAT APP IS IT YOU’RE USING TO CROSS THE ROAD???

2 Likes

WhatsApp
Yes what app
WhatsApp
Yes what app

1 Like

You should take this to the Edinburgh Festival

thanks

1 Like

TO GET TO THE OTHER SIDE!!!

1 Like

Did you know in America when a school bus has stopped to let a kid on or off all traffic has to stop too because they don’t teach kids to cross the road safely or something?

hah! I mean, a bit more unwieldy than “WATCH THE FUCKING ROAD”, but less aggro.

Those kids should be learning to drive so they don’t need to walk.

1 Like

I guess I was referring more to the danger to the cyclists themselves. People drive like maniacs near where I live

ah cool, fair enough.

yeah, if you’re out somewhere people drive recklessly, checking your phone is silly.