Great Albums with one terrible song

Probably been done before on here, but hey, whatever.
Exactly what it says in the title. Can an album be truly great with one terrible song? Maybe. For the sake of this thread, yes.

I’ll say Father John Misty - I Love you, Honeybear with the song True Affection.
Incongruously bad compared to the rest of the album, which is fucking great. Have to skip past and pretend it doesn’t exist every time.

You?

Crooked Rain Crooked Rain. ‘Hit The Plane Down’ FUCK OFF

7 Likes

Siamese Dream (Disarm) rest is great

Baby Song, now and forever.

2 Likes

Quite like True Affection tbh

16 Likes

No survivahs

2 Likes

FO,M!

Anyone who says Beth/Rest is a coward

15 Likes

Yellow Submarine.

True Affection is great.

Listen everyone. True Affection is not good when compared to the rest of the album!

• Great
  • Fine
  • Not very good
  • Terrible

0 voters

I nearly put “fine” then realised I had literally just typed the words “True Affection is great”.

Your web of lies is crumbling!

2 Likes

New York conversation on Transformer

2 Likes

Haha. I think it’s great but there are better songs on the album. So in that context it’s fine. If that makes any sense at all.

1 Like

Across the Universe on Young Americans

2 Likes

The one about the monkey on Abattoir Blues.

1 Like

Makes a bit more sense when you realise that Blixa Bargeld’s real name is Christian Emmerich… (“Farmer Emerich went into his barn…”)

Apparently it’s a tribute to his absent bandmate, who quit by fax message after Nocturama.

1 Like

Say It Ain’t So (Blue Album)

The only Bowie album cover song that hits it out the park is Wild is the Wind on Station to Station. Could be a thread on its own, this.

Let’s Spend the Night Together is awful on Aladdin Sane… also bizarrely made it onto the Best of 1969/74 over the likes of Cracked Actor and Lady Grinning Soul.

2 Likes

!!

23 Likes