Great bands/artists we haven't heard from for a while

Just got done producing the forthcoming Mountain Goats

Despite the ‘no joke answers’ I was still tempted to respond with ‘Nirvana’.

My honest answer is La Dispute but I just checked and I guess it’s not long to wait

Rooms of the House gets regular play so this has a stupid level of anticipation for me and can only disappoint now :frowning:

1 Like

The Walkmen

3 Likes

Tv on the Radio
Bill Callahan

Errors

6 Likes

Joanna Newsome
Angel Olsen
Martha

Magazine. Despite not officially breaking up since they released ‘Know Thyself’ i suspect they’re done.

Also…

FKA Twigs
Glass Candy

2 Likes

Played Melbourne in December

Stone Roses. Not a massive fan but clearly all that talk of them being mates again was bullshit, just wanted to cash in/get a retirement fund for themselves. Don’t think any of them have even done anything solo since either

Still think Strangers might be my most disappointing release of all time. Hard to build up any anticipation for their return after 8 years waiting for that, and I certainly wasn’t excited for another album released straight off the back of it

Ian Brown’s released a couple of shocking singles in the last few months.

2 Likes

I want Tom Waits to haul his old man ass back to the studio

4 Likes

Darn. I don’t have any time for gigs really tbf

Pretty sure that was the whole point of that thing a few year’s back.

Give them another five years and they’ll do it again.

Peter Buck’s usually up to something albeit fairly low-key. Think he recently released an album (Arthur / Buck).

Heard one of these. Truly terrible.

Martha announced yesterday.

1 Like

Aren’t they done? Is it just a hiatus?

An “extreme” hiatus

1 Like

Not that long a break by the standards of some on this list, but would be very keen for some more explosions in the sky soon

1 Like