Great bands/artists we haven't heard from for a while

Six years since there was a proper 65daysofstatic record.

4 Likes

I 100% count No Man’s Sky as a proper 65dos album personally.

That said, by the time I caught their Decomposition Theory show last year it definitely felt as though some of the algorithmic stuff was starting to coalesce into actual song - would welcome a release of some of that :+1:

2 Likes

There’s usually about 3 years between each 65dos album anyway (and I am including No Man’s Sky). Hopefully we’ll get some news soon!

1 Like

As per a recent thread, I want more Joy Zipper in my life. They’ve been posting a lot on FB recently, so here’s hoping…

2 Likes

Oo - nice shout. Need to listen to them more

My default answer to this question: Dirty Three. Last album was a bit lacklustre but I live in hope they’ve another work of genius in them. I spoke to mick Turner at the merch table a few years ago when he toured solo and he said warren was always too busy with nick. I’m assuming warren is not involved in the q&a’s that nick is doing (?) so here’s hoping.

Also: electrelane. Don’t know whether they’ve officially split or just on hiatus. Would gladly have more of them, particularly after how good no shouts no calls was.

1 Like

Would love new Dirty Three material… Jim White needs to be rescued from the clutches of Mark Kozelek.

4 Likes

Assumed Electrelane had called it a day but would love that.

Last Flying Lotus album was in 2014. I know Ellison was focussing on film for a bit, but there must be some new music on the way; he used to put an album out every 2 years.

1 Like

new album in May.

Have announced a show in Sydney playing the self titled album in full. Fingers crossed they are active again

Really hope that makes it to Europe at some point. Can’t think of many/any albums that have given me as much pleasure over last 25 years. Don’t think I’ve seen them play either Dirty Equation or Better Go Home Soon in 25 years either which’d be worth the admission price by itself.

It was the first CD I ever bought - saw them supporting Pavement in Melbourne in ‘94 and immediately bought the CD after the show without owning a CD player. True story.

2 Likes

Electrelane

No Shouts, No Calls was 12 years ago?!

I miss them. Great live band.

My bloody valentine promised us an LP last year I think…last LP was actually 6 years ago…quite a stretch but comparatively it feels quite short…I really liked the last one so intrigued to hear more - but more keen to see them play again as missed them last year…

keen too for Explosions in the sky

I am treating Fugazi as if they have split but did they ever make that official…if not…hope persists…

…with Elizabeth Fraser singing on the latest Massive Attack tour dare I hope?!..

GRACE JONES - I mean there was a 23 year gap between the last 2 albums so not holding my breath, but still.

4 Likes

I have decided it is better for my mental health to just assume that Liz Fraser will never put out another record rather than live with the endless, gnawing disappointment year after year.

1 Like

What happened to the next Circle Takes the Square album…?

1 Like

How long was it between roots undo and decompositions (volume 1…)?

TOO FUCKING LONG

Roots Undo -> Decompositions vol. 1, 8 years
Decompositions vol. 1 -> now, 7 years…

1 Like

We considered going but it’s a fucking big ask, especially with a kid and all the other expenses this year

1 Like