Great British Bake Off 2017

Really surprised by some people’s vitriol. The chances are that this is still going to be perfectly enjoyable.

1 Like

Noel Fielding is a SENSATIONAL choice for this. Mark my words.

Welcome to the site!

1 Like

That’s not a threat by the way, I meant as in you wont be able to angry about it if you don’t watch, and you want to get angry about it!

@anon44830896, want to do a blog where we absolutely rinse this?

I’m more annoyed that it’s now on a Tuesday than I am about Mary Berry leaving

this puts the switch to channel four into perspective

1 Like

I reckon Flo is going to be a total radge.

Never watched the BBC version. Might get really, really into this C4 version just to annoy everyone at work (they are all FURIOUS).

2 Likes

Very much enjoying the names of Peter’s family:

Seeing as it’s a format owned entirely by Love Productions, there’s no reason why they should have to change anything about it. It’s their brand. BBC just paid for the privilege to air it. Now C4 do.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m also annoyed that Love Productions went with the money and moved it from BBC. I believe it was far better placed there, ad-free.

1 Like

Didn’t they say that part of the reason they wanted to move to four was that they could introduce new ideas, like naked baking or something.

1 Like

Naking with Anna Richardson

Yeah, you can catch ‘The Great British Bake Off: Soggy Bottoms’ on C4, Friday at 23:00.

2 Likes

Did anyone see the woman on University Challenge last night saying something like “It’s all tits”?

Brilliant moment.

1 Like

I was ‘older’ when it started. Still love it. Won’t be watching Bake off though.

2 Likes

One of the things I’ve noticed - people are majoring on this as a benefit of it being on BBC but with its move to Channel 4 you won’t get that “educational segment” smashed in the middle of it. Oh Mel’s gone to Belgium has she to learn how to make a niche sweet roll? That’s 5 minutes of television I just will not be able to get enough of.

Mind you if they’ve replaced that with a 5 minute section of Paul Hollywood talking about BIKES then I will definitely be watching.

1 Like

Certain bits still always get stuck in my mind -

2 Likes

cheese dreams!!

1 Like

Me, everytime we saw seals on Islay

Seals up inside ya
Finding an entrance where they can
Seals up inside ya
Finding an entrance where they can

Boring through your mind, through your tummy, through your anus, seals!

5 Likes