Great British Bake Off 2017

Nope.
When it was announced, I had to google her name and thought it was Sandy Toxic.

2 Likes

Glad someone else thinks so! First time I felt ‘old’ was when The Mighty Boosh started and I thought it was utter fucking tripe while everyone around me quoted terminally unfunny lines. :frowning:

2 Likes

Wind… my only friend

I hate yoooou

7 Likes

Oh yeah this is me. I think it was a genuinely defining moment when I finally watched it after lots of people who I love/respect kept on going on about how totally amazing it was. I was so, so far from “getting it” it made me rethink a lot of things quite deeply in retrospect.

1 Like

oh jesus at least i had the excuse of being a teenager and didn’t have a fully formed sense of humour
no hope for you either
bye now

1 Like

You should have tried going to art school when it was at it’s peak of popularity. Everyone looked like Vince Noir. I didn’t watch it for years because of this. Then when it had all calmed down I watched it and liked it.

2 Likes

Insanity.

1 Like

And I say that as someone who’s very partial to a bit of surrealism. That wasn’t the problem.

Surely better than Go Compare adverts?

Everyone impresses their bum into a sponge cake and you have to match up the imprint with the bum

You’ve just reminded me of ‘Cake Farts’. NSFW for those preparing to google, btw

1 Like

could you elaborate in here?

Who is the other bird? She looks like the lady from the great british menu

I really have no time these people. Noel Fielding is gonna be trying to be as quirky as possible about cakes which is just gonna annoy me, Paul Hollywood will be a right knob and the other two ladies will just be competing for air time with their not quite mary berry old lady shit. AHM OOT

Yeah can’t argue with that.

My Auntie had a Go Compare advert filmed on her street a couple of years ago. 2 whole days of that music intermittently being pumped through a huge PA while they were doing it.

I really like that bit and would always want to become a food historian. I even properly looked into what uni course I’d need to do.

It was this really strange fetish website frequented for shock / comedy value akin to various other ‘famous’ sites online. It was basically women farting onto confectionery.

Yeah but Paul Hollywood could really get you into bikes instead. Like really into them. Probably be better than food history that.

Genuinely would go stay with a friend. That would be absolute torture.

but BBC just aired it, didn’t own it.

The BBC and the production company are both at fault for being pretty stupid with what is probably one of their most popular shows (in both cases)

Definitely will suffer from losing Mel and Sue - that’s pretty much all I’m upset about - the channel and adverts is not a problem for me.

also really looking forward to it getting about three weeks in and @anon44830896 relenting and then being active in all the threads about it :wink:

3 Likes