Great British Bake Off 2020

1 Like

Read up on how they filmed it with you know what and they basically just filmed the series in one go rather than having week long gaps between episodes? Must be going banal by the end.

1 Like

Matt Lucas will be

• Bad
  • OK
  • Good

0 voters

Feel like the quality will dip at the end because they usually took the week at home to practice didn’t they?

Also probably won’t have developed as close relationships.

1 Like

Tbf most of the country had enough time to practice during lockdown.

That’s one amateurish poster

5 Likes

our gbbo whatsapp group is prepped and ready to go. cant wait to find out who they all have crushes on this year, thats usually my favourite bit (our gbbo whatsapp group is surprisingly lesbian/bi woman -centric)

Didn’t like how young everyone was last year. I’m guessing it’ll be even younger this time round with presumably no one in a protected category.

weird how cake rhymes with bake, isn’t it

2 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

Yep let’s judge the cakes not the people

bu… but…

1 Like

Looks like a great set of contestants!

looks like a strong pack this year i think

1 Like

this sounds so intense tho

The show is normally filmed over three months, largely at weekends. However, this year the producers asked the contestants to take six weeks off work and stay in a secure filming location.

“Everything was complicated, everything was different, but everybody wanted to do it,” executive producer Kieran Smith told the Radio Times.

Down Hall Hotel in Essex was chosen as the show’s new base, housing the production team, bakers, hosts, judges, hotel staff and cleaners all together, with extra temporary accommodation set up in the car park.

Sounds like a shagathon, like the Olympic Village

10 Likes

Ill probably be cheering on the people who are

a) ‘self taught’
b) northern
c) turn out to be a bit crap (thus relatable)

but I am fickle and likely to change on a whim

4 Likes

Yeah yeah don’t judge the contestants but this shirt tie waistcoat apron glasses combo is a disaster

1 Like

makbul is our boi

• Makbul is a 51-year-old accountant from Greater Manchester. The self-taught baker first took on cooking at home as a means to help support his mum. He has a remarkable ability to measure out ingredients by eye, and enjoys making traditional Asian nankhatai biscuits.
4 Likes

Cant see anything going wrong with that :laughing:

4 Likes

sounds like a top lad

1 Like