Great Bus Journeys of our Times (Rolling like thunder)

That bit where you sit in traffic for ages to get into Bedford bus station, sit around for a bit, then sit in traffic on the same road you came in on will break even the hardiest of bus travelers, though.

The #69 stops outside my old house, then outside my old job. Was 100% convenient.

1 Like

I’ve got a vitriolic hatred of Bedford based entirely on the waiting bit. If there’s no traffic, you just sit there for half an hour, with nothing to do except have an existential crisis

1 Like

Feels like around hour seven or eight of the journey by that point, doesn’t it.

I genuinely enjoyed the 7 hour bus from Oxford to Leeds more, and that had someone who’d just been released from prison after 20 years sitting at the back slowly getting pissed.

On the plus side, I saw Fucked Up/Titus Andronicus/Metz, at the end of it, so maybe that was why.

Purgatory > Hell > Bedford Layover > TKoL > Pablo Honey

1 Like

I slowly went broke over the course of several months of going between Oxford and Cambridge every other weekend, because I’d go to get the X5 on Friday evening, not get on to the first one because the queue was too big, snap like a fucking twig, and flounce off to pay £45 for a single on the train instead of the £5 return on the X5.

No ragrats

Take it to the Robbie Williams thread

3 Likes

Feels like this has wandered off topic a bit.

There was one I caught in Northumberland once that was quite nice. Went down the coast, nice views and that.

Just spent two weeks on a bus from Washington > Idaho > Montana > Wyoming > Oregon > Washington. Does that count saps?

The 65 top deck from Kingston to Richmond. Lovely views and all round pleasant journey. The SW crew knows what I’m saying, am I right?

That baguette sounds fucking terrible

I rarely get a bus, but when I do it’s usually the 407 from Carshalton back to Caterham after visiting the Hope pub after work. It’s a pretty long route but rattles through, but being the last bus stop, its pretty easy.

Alternately and quicker, I get the 127 to Purley and a train back from there.

1 Like

You bet it does, laelfy.

Sounds like an epic.

I’d say more uninspiring than fucking terrible.

Where’s your Great Baguettes of our Times thread?

The bus has gone off route?

Must be a new driver.

Also I have been on your bus and shopped in that Sainsbury’s. What are the odds of that?!

Pretty long I’d say.

I asked John McCririck for actual numbers but he was just creepy.

1 Like