Great Comics / Comic-Strips / Webtoons / Manga / Cartoons

Share comics etc. that you like in this thread.

Please try to source from the original creator and share ones where the author signature hasn’t been cropped out.

I’ll start with one that was shared in the GTPOSMTIII thread which I liked a lot

9 Likes

I think a lot of Perry Bible Fellowship hasn’t aged well (used to check it regularly circa 2000 or something) but there are still some I really like.

(also shared here)

(also shared here)

Though I recently went through some of the newer ones and it feels like there’s no quality control on any of it anymore.

5 Likes

I still love Calvin & Hobbes so very very much

CH860405_JPG

6 Likes

Wonderful! Just wonderful!

5 Likes

My brother got us one of the Complete Peanuts collections ('61 - '62) and holy wow, that’s a great comic strip. Our grandparents had loads of the little books of Peanuts when we were growing up, and I read all of the ones they had. Obviously some of the pop culture references have dated, but the humour is brilliant.

2 Likes

Then a miracle occurs

3 Likes

4 Likes

I know it’s objectively not good and Scott Adams is a total trash human, but the animated Dilbert cartoons were actually quite funny in a bleak, almost Monkey Dust kind of way. Definitely the best version of that absolutely cursed comic.

2 Likes

1 Like

ALoTb4z

5 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah I didn’t realise they’d started up again. I remember going through them on their website probably c. 2003? At the time I recall there seemed to have bern a pause but then there were a couple that had recently been published that were not as good, like they had some like 50 amazing ideas then had just let it all go.

Cross-post on account of I am so fond of The Far Side and I’ve just found out that goldfish are being given their Learner’s Permits to drive.

4 Likes

Yeah, trash human stuff aside, I think there’s a window where Dilbert is decent, probably when you’re new to the workforce and have started doing white collar jobs and so it has that ring of being ‘so true’ but you’re young enough to foolishly think your working life won’t be utter shit in a few years.

2 Likes

It wasn’t that bad at first but that didn’t last. Obviously.

2 Likes

Everyone should read some Junji Ito

2 Likes

4 Likes

Uzumaki upset me a lot :open_mouth:

3 Likes

3 Likes