Great English Groups of the 2010's

bo ningen
zun zun egui
amebix

I dunno

1 Like

Yeah that was really good Iive tbf
Some of the samples are lifted straight from the Titanic exhibition (which I notices at a later point when I did the tour)

1 Like

Let’s get a poll going for these brave bulging bouyant boys

• Great band of the tens
  • Not
0 voters

Please see Post #29

1 Like

they’re the best so they deserve two polls anyway

1 Like

They were very good tbf (Boy King was a bit Meh tho)

I liked it a lot but I will concede it was probably their weakest. Seemed like a fun experiment, the whole ‘being the band we always fought against being’ but then because it ended up being their last album that felt more like they’d run out of ideas. Both Thorpe and Fleming are gonna do more good solo stuff I’m sure but hopefully they reunite when I’m an old duffer hungry for nostalgic hoots and howls

1 Like

Ah nice, i’d love to see them live actually. Interesting! :smiley:

1 Like

They were good.
As IC-Smic mentions upthread it was the BBC festival at Titanic Belfast and White Star Liner had been done just for it iirc and they debuted the whole thing live (the recorded version was a few months later) - thought it was really good. I must pick up a copy at some point. Not so familiar with the rest of their stuff but willing to give them a chance.

1 Like

Ahhh OK. Awesome!

Yeh I recommend giving them a chance, my favourite album is The Race For Space. Got some cracking songs on IMO. :blush:

1 Like

Added to the list. :grinning::+1:
I’ve heard some of it I think.

1 Like

I’ve never been that fussed with them, but saw them live at Blue Dot a couple of years ago and thought they were dead good. That Progress song with Tracyanne Campbell from Camera Obscura is ace.

2 Likes

Nice one! :blush:

1 Like

Foals

• Great band of the 2010’s
  • Not great in the 2010’s

0 voters

Metronomy

• Great in the 2010’s

0 voters

Chemical Brothers

• Great in the 2010’s

0 voters

Would be great for me if they were better at capturing their live energy on record.

1 Like

Let’s Eat Grandma if they put out another smash

2 Likes

Second this.

Grumbling Fur
Vanishing Twin
Fat White Family
Warmduscher
Bo Ningen
Trembling Bells
Beak>
Money
These New Puritans

Loads of individuals who always play with a band as well - Richard Dawson, Jane Weaver, Nadine Shah, Thom Yorke obvs.

4 Likes