Great Things Posted On Social Media

I did get served when I was under-aged - but I was my present height by the age of 14 and generally looked much older.

When I used to work in Safeway I’d feel so embarrassed about asking for ID that I’d feel even more embarrassed about really scrutinising the date so if they were born in the right year I probably would give them a pass, especially if they seemed really confident about showing the ID.

2 Likes

I went to an all ages gig and didn’t have ID. I had a bit of trouble getting served by a jobsworth. I’m 43 and look it, so it was very frustrating.

1 Like

I had that in New York. No ID meant I got the non-drinker wristband put on me. I had to get a mate to fetch my drinks all night.

https://twitter.com/prophethusband/status/1013520224937807873

3 Likes

Reminds me of how we always jokingly referred to our weekly D&D get togethers as ‘basketball’ because a mate had once used it with colleagues as his get out for not going to work drinks.

Anyway a shortish mate of mine later asked if my basketball team was taking players, obviously figuring any team that would take me and my mates wasn’t very choosy :grimacing::grinning:

10 Likes

One of the key dynamics about Toy Story is that they can’t die, though. They never age, and they watch frozen and helpless as their owners grow up and forget about them. They can become horribly mangled and disfigured and still will not die, condemned to crawl around in the dirt forever, their nightmare existence neverending.

His daughter is a moron, a dribbling imbecile for not understanding this.

28 Likes

The internal Disney animation vs Pixar battles are played for keeps, huh?

2 Likes

For creatures that can’t die, they seem pretty scared of the incinerator at the end of TS3

If you were about to go into an incinerator you’d probably rather not live through it in endless burning agony tbh.

SPOILERS!

Dear @anon67149139 , please accept my most heartfelt apologies for mentioning something about the end of an eight year old children’s film.

2 Likes

shut up is toy story 3 eight years old

4 Likes

I checked on imdb - 2010

3 Likes

Apology accepted!

The gif on that Tweet did me.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/_Bernishaaa/status/1013490934464565253

26 Likes

I’m getting to the stage of my life where this sort of thing makes me well up a bit

6 Likes

Great, innit. Love this sort of thing. Especially like the ones where parents have gone to great lengths to line and waterproof backs of trucks or balconies so their kids can have paddling pools. Bloody brilliant. How people react to ingenuity like that’s quite a good marker of whether they can stay or be marched into the sea for me.

4 Likes