Great Things Posted On Social Media

Reminds me of hearing about some utter tool friends knew who liked to play the ‘hilarious’ prank of dipping his penis in your pint.

Eventually he got some heinous knob rot which took a lot of hospital visits to sort. Didn’t take him. Long to get back to dipping his cock again :grimacing:

2 Likes

tmi, theo

3 Likes

Sorry to question your gross-out story Theo but I refuse to believe that briefly dipping one’s penis in some beer every now and then can lead to serious penal infection.

I have no idea. I guess if you start dipping your penis in beer you might dip it in other things but equally I cannot say I know much about the various bacterial culture that might be in a pint. @hip_young_gunslinger may.

It is important to underline this was a guy who knew a guy I knew which is perfect urban legend material, yes. :grinning:

1 Like

Cask ales (or beer that has been bottle conditioned) will contain live yeast so yeah you could definitely get thrush from dunking your knob in a CAMRA-approved pint.

19 Likes

Future of the Left lyrics just keep getting better

16 Likes

I mean, I say definitely, but yeast infections are Candida something, right? Whereas brewers yeast is traditionally from the saccharomyceas family, so they might not be exactly equivalent. But it wouldn’t surprise me that introducing live microscopic organisms to the sensitive tissue of your glans and urethra could have some side effects. And like you say, if you’re dunking your John Thomas in foaming tankards, who knows where else it’s going.

Did not expect my evening to finish on this note.

15 Likes

it’s the sort of thing CAMRA members would vote down though, isn’t it, an anti cock-dunking motion.

2 Likes

You’ve really given this a lot of thought haven’t you

1 Like

They are staunch traditionalists, even to their detriment.

FWIW I’ve now googled the delightful phrase “can beer give you thrush”, and scientific opinion seems to be divided, though more on the side of yes, yeast-heavy food and drink like beer and sourdough bread can exacerbate infections. However, most of the articles seem to be about consuming them orally, rather than direct application, so more research may be needed.

4 Likes

Fermentation is very hot right now.

This was in Australia as I recall so all bets may be off. Cock-Fosters indeed

You joke, but Fosters would definitely be pasteurised, so you’re good to go with the old knob bath.

1 Like

From my microbiology background I would say that yes, if a yeast can give you thrush by drinking it (considering all the stomach acid/enzymes), if you dip your knob in it then yes it will colonise that mucosal tissue too.

Although from what I recall different yeasts like different mucosal tissues but I really wouldn’t recommend testing it out for yourselves.

4 Likes

No one drinks Fosters here. Maybe seen it in one pub ever on tap.

But they have many similar bland beers as @unlucky can attest to.

i’ll be in the cold cold grave before I dip it in keg, sir!

4 Likes

And with that, I yield.

3 Likes

I think Twitter has fully lost me lately. And good riddance tbh

3 Likes

While I’ve dunked my cock in a lot of things over the years, we CAMRA members would never defile a good pint of cask ale in that way.

3 Likes

Keg is a bit too cold for cock dunking, yes.