Great things you've done in your life

yeah CCB is a better person than I will ever be

1 Like

Me too, 100% agree

Actually makes my heart hurt a bit thinking about how much thatā€™s going to have meant to each and every one of those people

2 Likes

Aw nah. Itā€™s kind of you both to say but itā€™s not heroic, or at least no more so than hundreds of thousands of others. Iā€™ve just been fortunate enough to end up in jobs where Iā€™ve been able to use my brain for good.

3 Likes

also played table tennis and hit a really great shot off the corner you know when it bounces unpredictably and you win the point!

1 Like

Itā€™s a big word, but I stand by it

2 Likes
  • somehow managed to get a PhD from oxford
  • did some research that helped make produce a flu vaccine
  • ran some clinical trials that have prolonged some peopleā€™s lives
  • saved some shots from someone who was 5 times World hockey player of the year
  • baked some good cakes
  • won AQOS the first time I played it
17 Likes

again a better person than me

1 Like

still glad Iā€™ve lived the life I have really though

1 Like

Nope. Nope.

1 Like

Itā€™s just great to have inspiration, tbh. You can be happy with your life while still acknowledging the awesome achievements of other people.

1 Like

yeah itā€™s something Iā€™m trying to come to terms with, when you are insecure in yourself you feel like every achievement of yours needs to measure up and compare directly with others. Obviously thatā€™s not how life works though and Iā€™m just glad for the opportunity to live it

1 Like

sorry man Iā€™m sure youā€™ve had lots of great times though even if you canā€™t think of them right now

Citizens Advice Bureau? (Re: debt, housing)

Either way, I take my hat off. In a society where resources are becoming ever more finite, Iā€™m sure the people youā€™ve helped have really valued it

4 Likes

also think Iā€™ve taken more baths and eaten more cheese on toast than anyone who has ever lived

2 Likes

Mustard, worcestershire sauce and a splash o beer to diversify and make yourself a fine welsh rarebit there

1 Like

just bury it in Tabasco and ketchup :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • Met the love of my life/only woman whoā€™d put up with me
  • Got a degree
  • Went on a 6 month trip round Europe and ended up at Euro 2004
  • Danced onstage with The Flaming Lips
  • Made some really good dinners
16 Likes

youā€™re a lucky man funky!

1 Like

lived in 4 decades. wish Iā€™d been born in 1989 so I could say 5, but you canā€™t have it all.

2 Likes

Might start calling people ā€˜Luckyā€™.

1 Like